As much as....

You always....

If you show....

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
As much as I like it when a book I’m writing speeds along, the downside can be that an author becomes too eager to finish and rushes the end. The end is even more important than the first page, and rushing can damage it.

David Morrell

done-david-morrell.jpg

As much as I like it when a book I’m writing speeds along, the downside can be that an author becomes too eager to finish and rushes the end. The end is even more important than the first page, and rushing can damage it.

David Morrell

done-david-morrell.jpg
An agent, John Havergal, said to me once that when we are writing a really gripping bit of story; say, a gruesome death, or else a lovely, happy moment, the writer absolutely must not rush it. The reader wants these moments delivered slowly. They want details or they'll feel cheated of the experience of immersion.

An agent, John Havergal, said to me once that when we are writing a really gripping bit of story; say, a gruesome death, or else a lovely, happy moment, the writer absolutely must not rush it. The reader wants these moments delivered slowly. They want details or they'll feel cheated of the experience of immersion.
ARGGGHHH. I gotta rewrite my ending g f'sure now.

You always....

If you show....

Back