News Another POD option for self-pubbers

Anyone Know This Site

Amusement No Good Reason for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting news, @Robinne Weiss. I was impressed with D2D, only leaving them as my intended plan of signing to KDP Select meant giving Amazon exclusive access to everything I've self-published online. This rigmarole lasted six weeks, as some vendors ignored D2D and Smashword's requests to delist or unpublish my titles. The customer service teams at both aggregators were polite and helpful.

What are you doing with Createspace/ KDP, Robinne? In setting up my Cornish Detective novels to be turned into a hard copy in their POD option, I was a little shocked at the estimated printing costs, which influenced the price I needed to charge. I'd become used to flogging eBooks, where it's possible to price them low in the hope of attracting new readers.

For the moment, that grand plan is in abeyance, while I wait on Hodder & Stoughton to decide if I'm worthy of backing as a commercial proposition under their The Future Bookshelf scheme.

I do my print books through KDP and IngramSpark. KDP is cheaper printing (and shipping to NZ, even though Ingram prints in Australia--not sure how that works), but IngramSpark gives me the brick-and-mortar option, whereas most retailers won't buy through Amazon. I've heard some say IngramSpark's print quality is higher, but I haven't seen any huge difference between the two. I have to say, I don't feel I'm particularly getting value for money through IngramSpark, so the D2D option is quite interesting, if they can do it well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anyone Know This Site

Amusement No Good Reason for this

Back