Another one of those "How to write a novel" links

Status
Not open for further replies.
This popped up on my FB feed just a moment ago:

How to Write a Novel, Explained By a Booker Prize-Winning Novelist | VICE | United Kingdom

What Pierre says does not really inspire much trust in his opinions for me- his tone is way too cocky and know-it-all. But the paragraph about procrastination was really to my liking. As I said here not long ago, I did not write for some weeks now. And there was more than one moment when I hated and tormented myself for that ("Do you know how much pages you could have finished by now? You are fucking USELESS!"). But maybe it's only natural to stop once a while? I'm not even talking about taking time to do constructive things, like research, but just be lazy?

I also absolutely agree that it is bound to burst sooner or later and then you write again. In my case the burst is slow, delayed ignition sort of thing- yesterday I opened my laptop and created a new word file. I managed to write "I" at the top of the page, but then had to take some paper and a pen to draw a time-table of yearly seasons and their consequences in the world I'm creating (something was off there, and it was driving me nuts). When I sorted that out it was half past one in the morning and too late to write. Maybe today...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back