Another one of those "How to write a novel" links

30 writing conferences coming up in July

Regular Litopia Meetups on first Sunday of each month

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2016
Netherlands
This popped up on my FB feed just a moment ago:

How to Write a Novel, Explained By a Booker Prize-Winning Novelist | VICE | United Kingdom

What Pierre says does not really inspire much trust in his opinions for me- his tone is way too cocky and know-it-all. But the paragraph about procrastination was really to my liking. As I said here not long ago, I did not write for some weeks now. And there was more than one moment when I hated and tormented myself for that ("Do you know how much pages you could have finished by now? You are fucking USELESS!"). But maybe it's only natural to stop once a while? I'm not even talking about taking time to do constructive things, like research, but just be lazy?

I also absolutely agree that it is bound to burst sooner or later and then you write again. In my case the burst is slow, delayed ignition sort of thing- yesterday I opened my laptop and created a new word file. I managed to write "I" at the top of the page, but then had to take some paper and a pen to draw a time-table of yearly seasons and their consequences in the world I'm creating (something was off there, and it was driving me nuts). When I sorted that out it was half past one in the morning and too late to write. Maybe today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

30 writing conferences coming up in July

Regular Litopia Meetups on first Sunday of each month

Back