News And the next seminar will be…!

Gender Cheats?

Question: Pagination issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jonny @AgentPete
this is on this weekend? need to confirm to make plans for the 0230 start - which takes prior planning and preparation, especially if not at home.

@AgentPete – any word on a definite date for this seminar? Is it this weekend?
No, it's likely to be the 24th, but will be more clear about this in the next few days. My week away has set me back a bit, and I really do need a full week to get this nailed. It's a big topic :)
However, the finished video of the BLURB seminar will be available here in the Colony very soon now.

No, it's likely to be the 24th, but will be more clear about this in the next few days. My week away has set me back a bit, and I really do need a full week to get this nailed. It's a big topic :)
However, the finished video of the BLURB seminar will be available here in the Colony very soon now.
Following up, @AgentPete - still on this weekend?

I’m thinking about (a) Saturday 9th October, same time as before (5pm UK / 12 noon EDT) and (b) this time tackling the topic of “Titles”.

Let me know your thoughts on both, please.

As usual / normal now for seminars, they will be *free* for Full Members to attend – and also, if you can’t make it on the day, a video version (a new recording) will be available in the Colony a couple of weeks afterwards. Members of the public will be able to attend too, at the low price of $19.95.

I’m quite keen on the ideas of “Titles” because, as with “Blurbs”, they are often under-valued by writers (see Pop-Ups – few of the tittles are really outstanding) and at the same time they do have an unreasonably large influence over a publisher’s decision to acquire a ms, especially from a first-timer.

But do let me know if there’s something you’d rather see us cover.
Tittles is not enough- It is the book cover in its whole entity that makes one pick up the book. Maybe you should include a section on "book covers" instead because the tittle works if the image works. But that's only what I think.

They say never judge a book by its cover. Really? What is a book cover for then? And that applies in the metaphorical sense too. But a title at manuscript submission stage is a working title, no cover image in the magic mix yet.
Great though, if the writer can come up with a title so strong it grabs the agent or the editor, the publisher elects to keep it for the finished product, and then the cover is designed around it.
First hurdle, the manuscript's working title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gender Cheats?

Question: Pagination issues

Back