Help! Alliance of Independent Authors (ALLi)

to one and all

Greetings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of our members recently posted that they had just been to the ALLi conference - I can't find the post and wonder who it was!

The reason for asking is, I'm considering joining and would be interested in some feedback on its benefits, etc.

I'd love to hear any experiences people have had...

One of our members recently posted that they had just been to the ALLi conference - I can't find the post and wonder who it was!

The reason for asking is, I'm considering joining and would be interested in some feedback on its benefits, etc.

I'd love to hear any experiences people have had...
think that was @Robinne Weiss

Indeed. It was. I've responded to your private message, @Island Writer, but I'll put some comments here, too, as they might be useful to others.

I regularly go to the ALLi website for information and advice regarding self-publishing. Recently they did an online conference on marketing, and I attended that. It was incredibly helpful to me--I ended up watching nearly every session and taking lots of notes, and am now trying to put into practice the overwhelming amount of information I collected. I've also attended a previous conference, which was also quite helpful.

I have not actually joined ALLi. Most of their resources are available to non-members, and I have not seen a lot of benefit for me to join (I don't have any services to sell to authors). I expect if you had a service to sell to authors, you could do worse than advertise through ALLi--they seem to have built themselves a good following among independent authors.

Thanks Robinne - I've also responded via PM. I'm so glad you found it useful. I've found online conferences a great resource - as you say, there's so much information you have to take endless notes!

Are there other places you regularly go to for self-publishing advice (other than Litopia of course)?

I used to go to Writer's Market...there's some good info there...but they're quite predatory in feel, and more focused on traditional publishing info. I also occasionally go to some individuals, like Jane Friedman, who offer information on their blogs along with paid services. But ALLi tends to be my first stop when I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

to one and all

Greetings!

Back