• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Thought for the Day All morning I....

Paul Whybrow

LitBits
“All morning I struggled with the sensation of stray wisps of one world seeping through the cracks of another. Do you know the feeling when you start reading a new book before the membrane of the last one has had time to close behind you? You leave the previous book with ideas and themes -- characters even -- caught in the fibers of your clothes, and when you open the new book, they are still with you.”

Diane Setterfield

(from
The Thirteenth Tale)

DianeSetterfield_Cropped+Author+Photo_Photograph+by+Susie+Barker%2C+%C2%A9+Diane+Setterfield.jpg

You leave the previous book with ideas and themes -- characters even -- caught in the fibers of your clothes, and when you open the new book, they are still with you.”
if i jump into a new book too fast after finishing a really good one, i'll open up to the first page and immediately get confused because i'm still imagining the main character from the previous book, lol

Back