Litopia

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alert! Debut Novel Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Basic
LV

Awards
Novels for the adult market wanted by Agents Conville & Walsh. It must be at least partly written, 30 k and preferably completed.

Sub deadline is Jan 31st, you cannot enter if you already have an agent. Well, that's not me, yet, 6 rejections clocked up, so....

What do they want?

'Novels which linger long in the mind.'

Details here: Word of Mouth Novel Competition

Steven McC

Basic
LV

Thanks for posting Katie-Ellen. I may once again gather all my hope together, take a deep breathe, and plunge into the rejection chamber...

K

Karen Gray

Thanks for posting @Katie-Ellen Hazeldine

Damn it, 30 k? My first book (which is the shortest) is 3 times that :/ lol Och well... there's always self publishing. I think I am about 12 rejections down now. Giving it till I finish book 5. If I still have no luck then, I'll self publish the lot ;) Thanks for posting though xxx

EDIT: Just checked... it's a minimum of 30K written. OH! Ok, will maybe give it a go then ;)

K

Karen Gray

Hehe cool. Well my original stand alone novel that morphed into 3 then 5 books is now looking like an epic 3 series set of 15 haha! What the hell do you call that... 'Generational Fantasy.'

Still, I'm loving writing it so I can't complain. At least I know where it starts and ends. I'm going to give this a go and submit the first 3 I think :)

A

Alistair Roberts

Good luck to anyone and everyone. I've had two novels rejected by them, so I won't be trying again. Still waiting on an answer from a publisher, so I can wait, whilst still writing and editing :)

J

julieanne

Thank you for sharing this information - I may well enter.

J

Jennifer Stone

if i had another finished i would try but they've already turned down my book, so i don't want to re-apply just yet

Basic
LV

Good luck to all of you that submit! I'll have my fingers crossed for you just as soon as I finish typing this (I tried to type while finger crossing, wasn't too comfortable!). Keep us in the know. :D

K

Karen Gray

We won't hear anything until the 14th of April when the winner and shortlisted are annoneed xx

Status
Not open for further replies.