AI and The Future of Writ(ers/ing)…

Library's and Librarians are the best invention of the 20th century.

Amusement Been having a play...

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is one of a few longform conversations about the philosophy of AI, consciousness, sentience etc. on this channel. He also has a long conversation with the CEO of OpenAI for a counter-view.

All I can say is...I only just got a smartphone last year (top of the range iPhone 5) and continue to reject almost all of its capabilities out of sheer Ludditery, so my response to any fifth-wave technological revolution will almost certainly involve a bunker of seeds somewhere in rural Ireland.

Hoping rural Ireland wins the battle for local farmers over agribusiness. In the 70's when agribusiness tried to move into Switzerland it went to the Supreme Court. Agbiz lobbyists argued if they weren't allow to buy up and consolidate farms and create "factories" for slaughter Switzerland would become a nation of "landscape gardeners." The Supreme Court said Let it Be. And so there are still artisan cheesemakers etc clinging on. In our village there was a dairy where you could walk down put your coins in the machine and get that mornings milk. It is an Adam Smith economy-though just barely hanging onto that. Ireland has the same reliance on tourism. They could learn a lot from CH. I hope Ireland moves away from the good old boy Reaganism that is selling Ireland to vulture funds and agribiz.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Library's and Librarians are the best invention of the 20th century.

Amusement Been having a play...

Back