Fanfare! A Shout out for the Flash Club. Literary Mag publishing my flash fiction :)

Reality Check Publishing Scams

Fast & Slow Beginnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
OK. Let's not get too excited. It is only a piece of flash fiction.

But I am pleased. And so, in the spirit of encouragement, I am delighted to tell you, this particular micro-story started out right here in our very own Flash Club.

I saved it maybe a couple of years back, stored it, forgot about it, fetched it out again after Christmas, rewrote it and tweaked the title.

Then I sent it off via Submittable to Crack The Spine, an American literary magazine.

They are going to publish it as 'The Greatest Leap'.

Yippeeeee!! I am so very pleased for you! The flash pieces have given me so many ideas that I doubt I would have come to otherwise; as someone who never wrote Flash fiction etc, I'm a convert :)

Will you have a link to share when it's published?

I imagine so. I had to sign first digital rights but these will revert once it is published. Though the original version may be in our own archives as 'Leap.'

Give it a go yourself @Rainbird!

Submittable is a good source for finding pubs wanting Flash fiction. And there's been some great stuff coming out of the flash club. Yours included.

[edited out the streaky bit]
[#coward]
[my puns usually end up being misconstrued and causing grave offence]
[and I'm scared of KTLN]

OK. Let's not get too excited. It is only a piece of flash fiction.

But I am pleased. And so, in the spirit of encouragement, I am delighted to tell you, this particular micro-story started out right here in our very own Flash Club.

I saved it maybe a couple of years back, stored it, forgot about it, fetched it out again after Christmas, rewrote it and tweaked the title.

Then I sent it off via Submittable to Crack The Spine, an American literary magazine.

They are going to publish it as 'The Greatest Leap'.
Nice perk for you Katie :D

That's great! Many congratulations. Flashing (strictly the literary variety) is great fun - a really good creative work-out - and obviously in your case you've produced something really good. Impressive!

Thank you @Paul Whybrow. I keep old Flash Club stuff in a file. You might never want to do anything with it, but why not save it and see how you feel about it later. Thank you all. Posted a version in the Back Room. Not the exact version owing to the agreement with the mag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reality Check Publishing Scams

Fast & Slow Beginnings

Back