The Age Of Stars Is Drawing To A Close - Maybe

Hello (again) Litopia!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Clegg

Basic
Aug 7, 2014
Swindon, UK
I’m delighted to say that Final Frontier, my book on the exploration of space, is now available. As you might guess it's about the exploration of space, and I must admit, researching it totally changed my opinion. I had been of the 'manned exploration is a waste of money that could be used on real science' camp, but seeing the possibilities really brought back my youthful enthusiasm and the realisation that it isn't really about science, so it ought to be separately funded.
stacks_image_31.jpg

Interestingly, given the discussion elsewhere about 99p ebooks, I've already had it slagged off because the ebook is so expensive (£14.62/$17.52). I have nothing to do with setting rates, but I don't like it either. While I agree with Peter that we mustn't devalue ebooks, I think it's unreasonable to pay more than you would for a paperback. (Going on my other books, I think what St Martin's does is set the ebook price at a couple of dollars below the cheapest current edition, so it will come down if/when the paperback comes out, but at the moment it's pegged on the hardback price.)

More details here: http://www.brianclegg.net/finalfrontier.html

Great news. You must have a brain the size of a planet to write stuff like that.
Does seem a bit expensive for an ebook, but it's good to know it will slide down. Many congrats.

Congratulations Brian, you must be delighted to have it in the wide world after all that hard work :)

Quick update on ebook pricing, I don't know if it's a coincidence, but after quite a few people moaned about the ebook price, it has now been brought down to £9.49 - still not cheapo cheapo, but better than £14.62. Mysterious are the ways of Amazon and or Macmillan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Age Of Stars Is Drawing To A Close - Maybe

Hello (again) Litopia!

Back