A Book of Good Advice

Rehabilitation? Serial Killer narrates Audiobooks

34 Calls for Submissions in November - Paying markets

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's some good stuff here, Paul. The one that really chimed with me was no.1 from David Mitchell, author of Cloud Atlas: “You probably have time to be a halfway decent parent and one other thing.”

Although I'm not sure where that leaves my wife o_O.

Encouraging read, impossible in places (neglect everything else and still get bills paid?). I liked this from Neil Gaiman:

“There are no rules. Only: can you do this with confidence? Can you do it with aplomb? Can you do it with style? Can you do it with joy?”

Encouraging read, impossible in places (neglect everything else and still get bills paid?). I liked this from Neil Gaiman:

“There are no rules. Only: can you do this with confidence? Can you do it with aplomb? Can you do it with style? Can you do it with joy?”

I love this quote.

I’m grateful that for writing, we can make our own rules, and mine would be:
I want to write with keen curiosity, humble honesty, with conscious contemplation and with endless enthusiasm.

How about you, my fellow Litopians?

I’m grateful that for writing, we can make our own rules, and mine would be:
I want to write with keen curiosity, humble honesty, with conscious contemplation and with endless enthusiasm.

How about you, my fellow Litopians?
Ooh, threadjack! I like it ;)

My rules, perhaps unfashionably among the literati, would be:

Make it entertaining. Keep 'em turning pages!

Oh, I'd borrow Sea-shore's rules. To which I'd add: patience.

'I want to write with keen curiosity, humble honesty, with conscious contemplation and with endless enthusiasm.'

Curiosity and patience, especially when you reach draft #15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rehabilitation? Serial Killer narrates Audiobooks

34 Calls for Submissions in November - Paying markets

Back