Self-Publishing 8 secrets for book covers

The dark arts of book cover design

I love this piece of music - and the voice? Incredible.

ChandlerJules

Uva uvam vivendo varia fit "Character is Destiny"
Aug 3, 2021
United States

Derek Murphy on simplifying, using contrast, best fonts, etc to pull in our reader—great info

Last edited:

You've smooshed two addresses together. I think this is the one you want...

Interesting! I've done my own book cover just for fun and my beta readers. It's gone through many iterations. I always had the image in mind, but there's so many ways to lay it out! I might just do one more tweak after reading this article. haha. Thanks @ChandlerJules for the article.

I am a member of several pre-made cover Facebook groups and follow a few premade deisgners, and I've managed to snap up a couple of excellent pre-mades for a very good price. (They are also really pretty to look at, so I don't mind seeing pre-made covers in my FB feed).

If you're writing spec fic, it can be worth joining these groups in the event that one of the covers suits somethign you've been writing (or intending to write).
Book Covers by JV Arts | Facebook (they release a suite of new covers on the 10th of every month)

There are others, just these are the ones that are top of mind and are consistently high quality.

The dark arts of book cover design

I love this piece of music - and the voice? Incredible.

Back