Reality Check We need to talk - and be able to talk - about ‘offence’

Amusement In case anyone needs a laugh...

Fun with Query letters

Status
Not open for further replies.
We spent our early married years with a picture of JC under our bed.

It was that one, yes @Emily, the one that every Catholic house in Ireland has up on the wall. Like a sort of surreal triptych with the other two must-haves (John Wayne and The Pope - His Holiness being interchangeable in the group with either Elvis or JFK).

Our JC pic was a present for the newly weds from Mrs Jonny's parents. He stayed there until we moved house when, very sadly, he got mislaid.

I hope it had the battery operated candle attached?? There are so many particularly - Catholic things I know will be lost in the next generation. I feel I need to catalogue them all :) (the mother of a very dear friend of mine hangs rosary boards on all the door frames and tucks in prayer cards between the door frame and wall. Not an unusual sight in rural Galway!!)

And I still have my Sacred Heart picture, Jonny! (also a wedding present!!) And a very, very old Virgin Mary statue I've glued back together too many times (one of my boys, when small, loved her beautiful expression and brought her off in his tractor trailor with unfortunate consequences)

We spent our early married years with a picture of JC under our bed.

It was that one, yes @Emily, the one that every Catholic house in Ireland has up on the wall. Like a sort of surreal triptych with the other two must-haves (John Wayne and The Pope - His Holiness being interchangeable in the group with either Elvis or JFK).

Our JC pic was a present for the newly weds from Mrs Jonny's parents. He stayed there until we moved house when, very sadly, he got mislaid.
The people we bought from ditched theirs when they left. Felt a bit like they sneaked out the back when he wasn't looking at them. Especially since we found him in the place they used for storage. What do you do with a problem like Jesus? He's hanging there stillAC12C4A1-96C2-45CD-AAF5-2BB4ACE97E51.jpeg. My son is referred to as Irish Jesus among the sword guys.

I hope it had the battery operated candle attached?? There are so many particularly - Catholic things I know will be lost in the next generation. I feel I need to catalogue them all :) (the mother of a very dear friend of mine hangs rosary boards on all the door frames and tucks in prayer cards between the door frame and wall. Not an unusual sight in rural Galway!!)

And I still have my Sacred Heart picture, Jonny! (also a wedding present!!) And a very, very old Virgin Mary statue I've glued back together too many times (one of my boys, when small, loved her beautiful expression and brought her off in his tractor trailor with unfortunate consequences)
When we buried my Uncle (deceased) in a graveyard near Slane, almost all the graves had stone crosses on which hung rosary beads.

He has the look indeed :) Handsome boy! (and very covetable hair)
He's a walking Luke Kelly tribute. He's been stunting on Valhalla and the hair people have had a ball since he has to look either completely different or the same for continuity. It's been braided, moulded, greased back... The end result being a massive beehive of Irish fro. When he's finished filming his GF takes one side, I take the other and we begin hair by hair to try to bring it back to civilised social norms. The RTE has a Viking doc on now. He , the other swordys of Goatshead Fencing along with our Spanish Mustangs are in it. Strange to see your son lying dead depicting someone dead for 1000 years. If you want to check it out. It is quite well done. RTÉ Player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement In case anyone needs a laugh...

Fun with Query letters

Back