Fanfare! Submission Gong

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then you have periods when you get sick of submitting? Guess self kicking time then ensues and finally you start the process all over again. It really is the preverbial brick wall but someone has to hit it!! ;)

Oh yeah! It's come back to me.

One unconventional route is to turn unsolicited ms into solicited ms by writing to an editor and ask directly. If they don't respond then that's fine but if they do then it is no longer an unsolicited MS. I thought that was a neat fyi. :)

What a day!

Took me a while but after getting the labels, envelopes and the folders ready, I printed off the submission pack with a new letter inserted in each. I've also included a starter deck to show them it is completely ready for accompaniment to the first book.

4 submission; wham! bam! shazam!

2 conventional routes ie 2 agents
2 unconventional - of which one is a publisher that doesn't accept unsolicited MSS and the other is a major contact I already know but hadn't used before today. However, I think it is worth trying. He was very kind to me in the past and hopefully he might give me a few tips/leads or whatever he deems appropriate for the project. Assuming he's not too busy.

Dong, dong, dong. Submitted three stories this weekend.

I had more I had ready to submit, but the markets I had picked out wanted stories under 4k words, and all the rest were longer than that.

I'm not really expecting anything out of it. One has already been rejected twice. The second has been rejected once. The third is fresh.

Good luck! Am revising mine now. But I just can't seem to see what's wrong with my first 4 chapters...I might have to go back to the houses with them.

You could pm them to me and i'll take a look. I'm not a professional editor or anything but I'll give it a read ;)

DONG! Another submission...snail mail this time...ooo! Haven't done that since the early 1990s when I was submitting poems from my mud hut in Panama! Getting them printed was a nightmare! Required a day's trip to the city to use the Peace Corps office computer (yeah, supposed to be strictly PC business...I surreptitiously printed my poems between drafts of the native tree propagation manual I was writing for PC)...ah, those were the days.

I think this is a good idea. I would also do the same as you if there were some Fantasy publishers out there that accepted direct submissions. They are few and far between. But that doesn't mean I won't keep looking ;) So for now, I will ding that GONG for the David Fickling submission I did x

There are publishers that accept unsolicited manuscripts
https://joanyedwards.wordpress.com/2013/04/07/32-publishers-who-accept-unsolicited-manuscripts/
And a lot of those 32 take fantasy.

Thanks for that @Rochelle , though i've since published my MS and am about to publish my 2nd in December and 3rd in May :)

Really useful info for some of the others though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Back