Fanfare! Submission Gong

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for 'agent submission proportions' on my status lol!! It takes me ages to submit to one! I read their tweets, check their colleagues out..the agency reputation etc and then reread and reread the submission guidelines. Read my notes..rejig my letter for them slightly. Gather email attachments paste as necessary etc.

Getting the hang of it though :D

So much for 'agent submission proportions' on my status lol!! It takes me ages to submit to one! I read their tweets, check their colleagues out..the agency reputation etc and then reread and reread the submission guidelines. Read my notes..rejig my letter for them slightly. Gather email attachments paste as necessary etc.

Getting the hang of it though :D

Mine take forever, too. I submitted five over the weekend and it took me a full three hours for them. I have to go to their website, check out the submission guidelines again, read their bio again, check Facebook and Twitter, check Publishers Marketplace, google them for any other information. Plus, I have to reread my query like five times over to make sure I don't forget to change anything and check the formatting on my whole email.

Whew - it's an ordeal.

Ok - reached the 8 figure submission level. Aiming for double digits by end of the day depending how long it takes to get through their requirements.

But getting there.
Way to go Emu! You can do it! I made two submissions myself — I might call that a day. It's Friday. Nice out. Sunny. Under 100 degrees F (38 C) for once.

Way to go Emu! You can do it! I made two submissions myself — I might call that a day. It's Friday. Nice out. Sunny. Under 100 degrees F (38 C) for once.

Yahoo...aiming for the average 12 for first submissions but discovering that the US agents respond faster so may send a few to them to gauge response there.

The last one had a specific request on their site to include if another agent has made a request for full MS so put that in too along with other tailored information they wanted (next book info).
Yep. You have to personalize each letter, and include the information for which they ask. You're well on your way!

Ugh, I'm already so sick of this heat. Counting down the days to September. I, too, plan on submitting about 5 letters tonight. Looking forward to it, but I'm really hoping that one or two of the letters I submitted last week come back with a request do more.

Yep. You have to personalize each letter, and include the information for which they ask. You're well on your way!

:D

Hope so. Going to scan for others but I have almost completed my current list. Got one more I think on the list before I add more to the database. It's very colourful. Yellow for submitted Green for positive response and red for rejection (when applicable!).

Ugh, I'm already so sick of this heat. Counting down the days to September. I, too, plan on submitting about 5 letters tonight. Looking forward to it, but I'm really hoping that one or two of the letters I submitted last week come back with a request do more.

Good luck. It has to be said it is quite nice to be motivated to keep on trying. I like this submission thread. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Writing Conferences in February 2017

ProWritingAid opinions

Back