and hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quillwitch

Basic
Jan 1, 2015
Mexico
Hello:

Would any of you know how I can put my WIP into my kindle and read it there? I´d like to take it with me on a trip i´ll be taking.
Thanks!

You should have a kindle e-mail address--you can find it by going to your devices on Amazon. E-mail it to that address, and it'll show up on your kindle. Awesome! I do it all the time.

Oh really? I had no idea I had that e-mail. I will look into it, thanks a lot!

You should have a kindle e-mail address--you can find it by going to your devices on Amazon. E-mail it to that address, and it'll show up on your kindle. Awesome! I do it all the time.
That's how I used to do it, when I was reading off of a Kindle Paperwhite before I got a Verizon tablet and used the Word app.
Don't remember exactly how to determine this e-mail address — a simple Google search will illustrate.

And it's easier to sit on the beach with a cool drink while you "work"...;)
Most definitely! In fact, our 'boardroom' is the nearby mile-long, white sand beach. There's nothing like a board meeting with sun loungers, lashings of suntan lotion and a cooler filled with plenty of ice and drinks. Is it any wonder I never hear from my UK friends during the winter months!

For me, my kindle is an invaluable proofing tool and I would not be without it (even as I write this, I have mine charging up after having been glancing at it throughout work). Upload your WIP, read it through and add notes to it as you go. I actually prefer not being able to directly edit via it because for me the two processes are separate.

Most definitely! In fact, our 'boardroom' is the nearby mile-long, white sand beach. There's nothing like a board meeting with sun loungers, lashings of suntan lotion and a cooler filled with plenty of ice and drinks. Is it any wonder I never hear from my UK friends during the winter months!
Unfortunately, "our" beach is rocky, and often very chilly (even in summer), so my beach work is mostly done on weekend trips. But I have a lovely deck overlooking the pond and goat paddock just out my office door. It's the perfect sun trap, and I've a cushy bean bag chair I can sit in on it (if I can get the cat off of it, that is). Sometimes it's nice just to sit out there editing with the Kindle, or writing the day's blog post on good old-fashioned paper.

Unfortunately, "our" beach is rocky, and often very chilly (even in summer), so my beach work is mostly done on weekend trips. But I have a lovely deck overlooking the pond and goat paddock just out my office door. It's the perfect sun trap, and I've a cushy bean bag chair I can sit in on it (if I can get the cat off of it, that is). Sometimes it's nice just to sit out there editing with the Kindle, or writing the day's blog post on good old-fashioned paper.

So, you can also edit with kindle? Is this the paperwhite version or something higher?

Can't actually edit, but you can mark things--later I come back with kindle side-by-side with the computer to fix what I've marked.

That is how I do it as well. I prefer not being able to edit directly and it also gives you a second chance to look over what you are doing as you fix your main document on the computer.

That is how I do it as well. I prefer not being able to edit directly and it also gives you a second chance to look over what you are doing as you fix your main document on the computer.
It also seems to really help to be able to view your work in several different media. I catch different problems each way — viewed on the computer monitor, with your e-book reader, printed as a hard copy...

It also seems to really help to be able to view your work in several different media. I catch different problems each way — viewed on the computer monitor, with your e-book reader, printed as a hard copy...

Yes, you´re right. I just read my text on the kindle and found all sorts of continuity errors I hadn´t caught on print or computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Form Must Come First (Knausgaard)

V

and hello

Back