Wonderbook (2013)

Hmm, true?

Oh, the horror of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Madeleine Conway

I bought Jeff Vandermeer's book about writing last year at Forbidden Planet in London - but only got round to reading it now. I have found it really enjoyable and interesting. Much of it is familiar in terms of books about the craft of writing, but it is printed on really high-quality full-colour paper with great illustrations, and some very interesting ways of getting into revisions and rewrites, some fun exercises and stimulating ideas.

After a) having big rejection for latest WIP from publishers and b) inundated with external exam marking, I am finally getting my head back into the right place to do rewrites. My other delighted discovery is that Scrivener is now available on iPad. I've been using Storyist this past year or so, but Scrivener is my favourite writing programme and really intuitive and easy to use. Actually now positively looking forward to revisions/rewrites.

Hope you guys are all well, hoping to be back to regular participation come September.

Glad you to see you are well and resurfacing for air. :) I use Scrivener too and need it with my many stories in my series to keep track of.
Good luck with your re-write!

Nice to see you around the forum again - and to hear more good things about Scrivener.. I'm planning to give it a try but am almost through editing one book and will wait until starting the next. It sounds like something I should have been using all along.

Nice to see you participating and well. As for Scrivener... I have a copy but struggle with it. Perhaps there is something about the way that my mind works?

Nice to see you participating and well. As for Scrivener... I have a copy but struggle with it. Perhaps there is something about the way that my mind works?
Could be. I'm a compulsive organiser, so Scrivener is like the ultimate enabler of my compulsion. The only big issue I have with it is the spell checker, which is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hmm, true?

Oh, the horror of it...

Back