Help! What do you think about this new title?

Comic book lesson

My mother told me it's polite to say "hello"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at your Poll title suggestions and thinking about the whole series concept, I'm tempted to suggest using Utopia in the title of each book and calling the whole lot The Utopia Series.
So you could start with The Utopia Gene (do you see what I did there;)) for book 1, The Utopia Struggle for book 2, Utopia Found for book 3, etc. Theme it that way perhaps.
Just a suggestion....

It's hard. @AgentPete had a session about titles. We paraded our titles and got the feedback. There will always be someone who's less keen than someone else, but if several feel it doesn't grab them, that's useful feedback. They do not need to have read the whole book to be qualified to say if that title has grab factor. Does that title, and then the blurb, evoke the desire to even look inside that book, yes or no.

Last edited:
Exposing Utopia?

Utopia Broken?

I wonder if a word relating to telepathy should be in there; not the actual word, but something that alludes to it (can't think of any at the mo). Or a word that shows a connection to others. Thoughts 'something or another'. Thinking of Utopia.

Also Flo's journey is quite important. Try finding one word that would represent her story, then see if you can weave it into it.

The word 'dreamland' might be useful. Dreamland Unravelled.

I keep thinking.

Thinking about it more, I wonder if the word Utopia is litle obvious for a YA dystopoian novel?

Maybe go with Flo, somehow; with her journey, what it means to her. She is the one who carries the story. I don't mean that you go as far as putting her name into the title, but somehow relate to her, make it a title about her, about her core message. Seeking Dreamland, or Seeking The Dreamland Code, or something like that.

Anyway, I'll go and do something else now, i.e. write about a bloke who kills people....

Thanks to @AgentPete I not only have to give myself a crash course in 'deep POV', but come up with a new title. Anyone who listened to the pop-up on Sunday will know what I'm talking about. Our dear leader spent quite a lot of time telling me what was wrong with the book title as it stands. "Rosendale Book I The Coalition series". Of course, whether I like it or not, Pete was right. It is damn boring. So, this morning I woke up thinking: The book is basically about a Utopian society which has developed from the ability to communicate between species. This in turn is due to a genetic mutation. But as the characters discover, there is not just one gene responsible for this inter-species telepathy. So, in order for the baddies to destroy the telepathy, they'd have to 'unravel' the whole genetic code.

My idea for a new title is: THE UNRAVELLING OF UTOPIA Book 1 Rosendale. What do you all think? Or shall I try again?

I like The Unravelling but it sounds almost like it's horror. All of Tim James' suggestions looked good. What you didn't say is what the bad guys want. What is their reason for destroying Utopia? That might help you pick a good title. I'm not any good at picking names or titles myself.

I think using Utopia for the series works well. The other option would be to use Gene. I really like The Utopia Gene as a title and would reach to pick that one up if I saw it on the shelves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comic book lesson

My mother told me it's polite to say "hello"...

Back