Fanfare! UNHALLOWED REDEMPTION

Book Review: The Apprentice

Book Review: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going great guns, Tara.

Anyone tried to dom me, my response would be unhallowed.

What's the readership, male and female or mostly one or the other?

Going great guns, Tara.

Anyone tried to dom me, my response would be unhallowed.

What's the readership, male and female or mostly one or the other?

Thank you. :)

BDSM is a consensual lifestyle, and of course it's not for everyone. ;)

The readership of erotic romance, with or without BDSM elements, is overwhelmingly female. That's true of the romance genre in general, actually.

Interesting, isn't it. My brother as a teen went through a phase of BDSM romance reading but it wasn't presented as such; it was embedded within a sci-fi series. I read one, no-one got pregnant, they couldn't in fact, which removed a whole spectrum of behaviours, but this WAS fantasy after all, and no-one got STD's or hurt.

Interesting, isn't it. My brother as a teen went through a phase of BDSM romance reading but it wasn't presented as such; it was embedded within a sci-fi series. I read one, no-one got pregnant, they couldn't in fact, which removed a whole spectrum of behaviours, but this WAS fantasy after all, and no-one got STD's or hurt.
I've written a few pregnancies in my stories but they was planned pregnancies. Readers have mixed reactions to them, so I've approached that in a story line with caution. My characters discuss birth control and use condoms. That's expected by readers today. You'll get slammed in reviews if the characters don't at least mention it in passing before their first sexual encounter. And no one gets STDs in my books. LOL!! That's too much of an ick factor for me and I won't even go there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Book Review: The Apprentice

Book Review: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake

Back