Inspiration! TYM on Criticism, Commentary and Critique

We all need a bit of it in these strange times...

Today in Lidl

Amusement Feeling better about AI all of a sudden!

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
She's done it again. I found this right on target.

She's done it again. I found this right on target.

I received this post from Tiffany, too. So insightful, and right on! I appreciated her previous posts on the subject, too (which she links to in this article). Below is an excerpt from one of them that stood out to me. In another, she differentiates clearly between criticism, commentary and critique. So helpful!
From Tiffany Yates Martin blog post -- "How to Effectively Give Critique" (July 15,2021)

As a critique you are being asked for your impressions of and reactions to the work, not assessments of its worth or effectiveness or prescriptions as to how to fix it: simply what was effective for you, where you were confused or something felt unclear or you wanted or needed to know more. You are being consulted as a test audience, not an expert adviser.
You are not being asked to sit down with your red pencil and point out areas where the author failed, or what they did wrong, or how they should fix it. You are simply reflecting what came across to you on the page for the author and letting them know how it struck you. You are a focus group reporting on your impressions about the product–it’s not your place to tweak the formula.

Today in Lidl

Amusement Feeling better about AI all of a sudden!

Back