Inspiration! Three ways to instantly elevate your writing

We all need a bit of it in these strange times...

Reality Check Remember Matt's Interview the Romanian vampire killers?

Fanfare! Exciting news about a beloved Pop-Ups guest!

Claire G

Oct 26, 2022
Birmingham, UK

She has some great videos if you look back through her channel. What do you think of the three suggestions? I like the fact that she gives examples from published novels too. Would you add any more?

To summarise:
1) No redundancy of words or scenes.
2) Include small, authentic experiences.
3) Use figurative language that isn't cliched.

But do watch the video if you can because she goes into much more detail!

I think this would be appropriate for the very, very, very beginner. These three maxims were taught to me by 5th grade. I have noticed that the information on how to write coincides in volume wih the information on exercise and weight loss. In the end both boil down to working your ass off

I think this would be appropriate for the very, very, very beginner. These three maxims were taught to me by 5th grade. I have noticed that the information on how to write coincides in volume wih the information on exercise and weight loss. In the end both boil down to working your ass off
Wish I'd gone to your school. Mine taught me nothing like that. You're right about working hard, but I think that to do these things WELL is beyond beginner level.

She has some great videos if you look back through her channel. What do you think of the three suggestions? I like the fact that she gives examples from published novels too. Would you add any more?

To summarise:
1) No redundancy of words or scenes.
2) Include small, authentic experiences.
3) Use figurative language that isn't cliched.

But do watch the video if you can because she goes into much more detail!

I've seen a few of her videos. They're very good.

Wish I'd gone to your school. Mine taught me nothing like that. You're right about working hard, but I think that to do these things WELL is beyond beginner level.
Since beginners are by definition inept then yes doing anything well is going to be above their capability. These are free lessons therefore you can chose whatever level seems right to you. There is an immense amount of information out there available free, so much that paying for courses seems redundant. When it comes to our own work though we often can't see we're off track. It's like playing guitar. You need that listener to tell you if it sounds good or not. Even if they are smiling watch for that flinch when you start playing.
One reason I taught my sons at home is because the level of schooling that was available to them is nowhere near what was standard in my day.

Reality Check Remember Matt's Interview the Romanian vampire killers?

Fanfare! Exciting news about a beloved Pop-Ups guest!

Back