S

Yep-it's another newbie!

Capitalising sentences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
I am sick when when I do look on thee....

and other Shakespearean insults unsuitable for use in any work of modern prose.

?

He's not had many mentions here, while sprawled like a birthday bawd over the rest of....everywhere.

And fair enough. The Bard hath forged many a deathless line and doth represent a great UK industry and export.

For me, far and away the greatest has got to be....ssshhh - the Scottish play.

Shakespearean abuse for thespo-geeks

Puck.jpg

But do you have a favourite line from Shakespeare? One of mine is,

'Full Fathom Five Thy Father Lies'... The Tempest

Last edited:
I'll second the Scottish play as a fave.

'You should be women, and yet your beards forbid me to interpret that you are so.'

Still good for a laugh.

I'm rather partial to Taming of the Shrew and Midsummer Night's Dream, myself. We did Midsummer Night's Dream as our Christmas reading this year (remember, Christmas comes midsummer here) as a family, and it had the kids rolling on the floor giggling.

Our cat is sort of black and white mottled, so I regularly say to him, "Out! Out! Damned spot!" In fact, Shakespeare quotes are pretty common in our house--we have a rather theatrical household--always breaking out with a quote from a play or snatch of song from a musical whenever it's appropriate. The kids think were barking mad...:)

I'm sure my wife would have a favourite line of Shakespeare, she has a few old books of his work. Me, I say naught, for a have not learnt sufficient of him, except to be or not to be. But thou knows it has been over-done, like the burnt barbie (Q) ;)

I'm rather partial to Taming of the Shrew and Midsummer Night's Dream, myself. We did Midsummer Night's Dream as our Christmas reading this year (remember, Christmas comes midsummer here) as a family, and it had the kids rolling on the floor giggling.

Our cat is sort of black and white mottled, so I regularly say to him, "Out! Out! Damned spot!" In fact, Shakespeare quotes are pretty common in our house--we have a rather theatrical household--always breaking out with a quote from a play or snatch of song from a musical whenever it's appropriate. The kids think were barking mad...:)

Taming of the Shrew was pretty funny till she calmed down. I didn't believe in the final speech at all!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy5jvakPNeY

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Yep-it's another newbie!

Capitalising sentences

Back