News This Saturday: LitFest vol II

Wondering about this Saturday, April 25th?

Book Review: Seal Skin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't say the name directly, Emily, but he's one of your felllow countrymen....arguably Ireland's most successful musical export aside from Bono and the gang.... ;) :D

I'm a sucker for an Irish accent and obviously the rock superstar aspect is an aphrodisiac in itself AND I was single...but I just couldn't bring myself to find him attractive.

The guitarist from The Commitments asked me out around the same time and I was way more interested in him because he actually put a bit of effort into chatting me up (didn't work out because of logistics, though) so the Irishness could have been a big plus, if yer man rock superstar feller had played his cards right. :D

I’m reminded of the famous Phil Lynott quote where he asks the audience: “Are der anny goyrls out der who’ve got a bit of Oirish in them?”

Modesty forbids I should complete the quote.:)

Full details available on Thin Lizzy Live and Dangerous.7451F626-92DF-4EB9-BB95-CB08D744643B.jpeg

Last edited:
Thanks, @Barbara and @Emily for organising everything. One good thing from this pandemic ... I got to join in with a Litfest! But I can see why it's better in person, especially for those who wanted to come and had tech frustrations :( I couldn't get my camera to work, but at least I could listen.

Feeling sorry for everyone whose internet wasn't up to scratch or had problems.

I won't say the name directly, Emily, but he's one of your felllow countrymen....arguably Ireland's most successful musical export aside from Bono and the gang.... ;) :D
I've been racking my brain Kate and think I've got it now - it was this fella... come on now, wasn't it? Do'D.jpg
He's Irish nearly as big as Bono & Co. and has a fierce reputation with the ladies - not to mention a long history of drugs and drink abuse issues.

Last edited:
Hey, @KateESal I suggested that yesterday when I thought I caught a glimpse of him on the CD box that was held up. ;) You deflected it very well.

I remember seeming the man in question on Whistle Test where Whispering Bob was valiantly trying to interview him live in the studio.
He was smashed off his box on something and could scarcely put two words together. I imaging there's still footage of it on Youtube somewhere.

Last edited:
I've been racking my brain Kate and think I've got it now - it was this fella... come on now, wasn't it?
He's Irish nearly as big as Bono & Co. and has a fierce reputation with the ladies - not to mention a long history of drugs and drink abuse issues.
Between sausages and Daniel O' D...!! I don't I've laughed as much in a long time :) @Jonny , what a possibility you found there, LOL!

@KateESal , I hope you are the obligatory "brown-eyed girl" ;)

Between sausages and Daniel O' D...!! I don't I've laughed as much in a long time :) @Jonny , what a possibility you found there, LOL!

@Emily Och, sure he loves his Mammy, so he does, and what with him being 'good living' and all, then I'm sure even thoughts of sausages would carry a very steep penance. At least 10 decades I'd say. :)

Sorry, @yanapuma – I've had no luck either. You could try going on to their site and joining straight from there (though it may all be finished by now?), but that didn't work when I tried it. It didn't recognise any of the permissions I gave it. Did you try going onto your Preferences and 'allowing' it access to sound and camera etc? (That didn't work for me either, but it might be worth you trying). They have a troubleshooting page too; that might help. Good luck. Sorry I can't be more help.
Yes I tried following all the prompts and signing in as a guest ... this is 2 weeks I haven't got in???

Yes I tried following all the prompts and signing in as a guest ... this is 2 weeks I haven't got in???

That meeting has closed, so it's now a dead link (at least that's how it works for Zoom, I'm presuming these kind of programs are similar, they look identical). If I presume right, it's not your computer :) My IT husband inadvertently taught me that...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wondering about this Saturday, April 25th?

Book Review: Seal Skin

Back