News Wierd xmas story comp NOV 6 deadline

Event Bookouture pitching event

Status
Not open for further replies.

izi 出久

Basic
Feb 21, 2022
USA
Last night, I had a peculiar dream, not only in content but also circumstances that led to it.

Over two weeks ago, I was in the middle of debugging code when I had a moment of creative clarity and thought of the name of a story. Not the story, mind you. Had no idea about that. Just a title that I found intriguing. I wrote it in my Title Ideas note and kept working. I haven’t considered it since.

Last night, my partner and I were pondering dreams and the reality that we can neither choose our dreams (although some of us can control them) nor, often, remember them. He mentioned something about vivid dreams and how perhaps they’re channels or data exchanges with another plane, which I love to discuss but will always be a skeptic.

But then last night, I dreamed the entire story. Such an intense one, and I barely feel like it’s mine. In the end, I was heartbroken but also like, “What. Just. Happened.” The dream was so detailed that I knew the main character’s favorite color, how she felt about her father, how she kept remembering what her grandmother had told her, and how wretched it was to be betrayed at the end (not sure if I could or should leave it there).

Has anyone else had an experience in some way similar to this with dreams?

I've had a few incredibly vivid dreams. I can't always glean the meaning of the dreams, but some I can. One definitely pre-empted that the boyfriend I had wouldn't be a rock when I needed one. The dream was so eerily correct.
I dreamt that my grandmother died the night she had a serious stroke. She didn't actually die but prayed she would after that because the stroke (at 87) had robbed her of the life she'd known.
I dreamt that I was dying the night before my little dog's murmuring heart gave up.

Very vivid, Hannah! I'm not surprised those dreams stayed with you.

A friend of mine analyses dreams for a living (or at least helps others to analyse theirs). Not in a mystical or divinational way, or even a definitively truthful way, but rather as a method of knowing oneself. The idea is to record your dreams in words or pictures and then look for patterns as you record more, and as you do you are able to build ever deeper narratives about your internal world. It's an interesting method of self therapy, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Wierd xmas story comp NOV 6 deadline

Event Bookouture pitching event

Back