The Wag, The Tail, The Dog,

14 Writing Conferences in November 2017

What's the state of Fantasy Fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
Don’t try to figure out what other people want to hear from you; figure out what you have to say. It’s the one and only thing you have to offer.
– Barbara Kingsolver

And what that is, you might not have a clue, and you can only find out by doing the writing. And dare it be said, plotting.

If a thing rings true, it will find resonance...somewhere, with someone. How can a thing ring true, if you didn't first hear it yourself then whistle the tune till it stuck?

Love this KTLN. I wrote something and 'heard' myself in my writing and thought - no one will like it. It's not something they'll be used to. And decided against finishing it. But now - I will finish it and maybe it will resonate with another, maybe. Thank you xx

Love this KTLN. I wrote something and 'heard' myself in my writing and thought - no one will like it. It's not something they'll be used to. And decided against finishing it. But now - I will finish it and maybe it will resonate with another, maybe. Thank you xx

@MaryA Have to write it to try and find out where in Hades it comes from.

Great to see you about, Lady Emerald :)

Sounds Hadean to me. Way to go :) And this is the place that gave his owl- man- angel his name. David Almond mentions in the video, visiting the Skellig Islands and Skellig Michael. (Skellig means steep, sharp and you will see why)

Skellig saves the little boy's sick baby sister. A healing angel. Like Raphael. In real life, the author's own baby sister didn't make it. This will surely be the deeply heart-felt Hades this story came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

14 Writing Conferences in November 2017

What's the state of Fantasy Fiction?

Back