Book Review: The Titan (2018)

VOTING IS OPEN!

Question: What spring has sprung for you lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
qRmQazyIBZR4pQIk9VruiZul0Au.jpg

Title: The Titan (2018)

Tagline: Evolve or die

Genre: Science Fiction, Thriller, Romance

Director: Lennart Ruff

Cast: Sam Worthington, Taylor Schilling, Tom Wilkinson, Agyness Deyn, Nathalie Emmanuel, Corey Johnson, Aleksandar Jovanović, Steven Cree, Diego Boneta, Noah Jupe, Naomi Battrick, Aaron Heffernan, Alex Lanipekun, Nathalie Poza, Francesc Garrido, Kyle Soller, Ben Aldridge, Gustavo Salmerón, Noemi Parpaiola

Release: 2018-03-30

Runtime: 97

Plot: On a bleak future Earth, a soldier endures a radical genetic transformation to save humanity. But his wife fears he's becoming more creature than man.

Not bad, a little formulaic. I didn't think it was especially good but to rate it average seemed a bit harsh.

The finale offers a horrific vision of alienation, presented as pioneering. An honest, rather simple soldier, no longer human, exiled alone on Titan, his wife and child on Earth, no rights of return...he has morphed too far.

Mephistopholean tragedy. His wife should have killed him, I thought, rather than let him be sent off there alone.

I haven't heard of this one. I'll check it out. Thanks.

I'm trying to find a film I don't know the title to! About a time travel paradox where a mother gives birth to herself by her hermaphrodite self! If that's not an existential crisis...well!

[edit: Found it - Predestination]

Hehehe....

'Ah, look atta little schnozz. She looks just like...er..... me!'

That is quite the ouroboros! The whole adventure is in having children who are not like you. Or we might as well be snails, and maybe that's doing an injustice to snails.

Would make a better read than it did a watch. A film that explores current themes like dwindling resources and overpopulation, but it is overshadowed by a poor script and standard evil corporation gripes.

Felt like a high-budget B-Movie.

3 Stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTING IS OPEN!

Question: What spring has sprung for you lately?

Back