The Slushpile Business

E

Hi everybody! Intro - and a question

Hello from a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tweeted. I have today sent off two short stories and a novel query. Both to small but genuine publishers in the market for speculative fiction. If my writing is rubbish, I'm not paying to found out just how rubbish. Ben Aaronovitch did me a power of good just listening to his interview the other day (posted here elsewhere)

A timely feature, and bang on the (course fee) money. I looked at the Faber Academy/Curtis Brown courses a while back. At least they had a qualifying submissions system. I must admit, I fell for the Wr*ters B*reau shtick about 15 years ago - hadn't written seriously for a fair bit, and I needed a kick up the arse. I'm maybe not the best person to pronounce on their "money back guarantee" - I didn't finish the course, as it really didn't inspire me one bit - but I can see how people dive in thinking they're gonna be a star if they just do xyz.
Katie-Ellen, was that the interview on the Bestseller Experiment podcast? If so, I listened and loved it too! Straight-talking, funny and wise. And SO right on procrastination :)

That's the one, effing and blinding and all :) I put the link up somewhere else on here. Write a great character, and if you would like to go a walk with them, spend some time, so will someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Hi everybody! Intro - and a question

Hello from a newbie

Back