Movie Review: The series THE Great

Your film + tv reviews, please!

News Indie publishers are on the rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
The 3rd season of this witty, sparkly, gorgeously gowned series is now out. It calls itself , "A sometimes true history of Catharine the Great." This is definitely my cup of tea served in a glass. It began as a play and it shows in the dialog. Not since Justified have actors been given such delicious lines to deliver. The lump of sugar held between the teeth for me is that the story is really about power and ideals. The young Catharine comes to Russia brimming with Enlightenment theories she wishes to put into practice only to meet a Russia still in love with the dark ages.
I would go to any play Tony McNamara, the writer produces.

Great series. I wonder how the show will feel without Peter there next season. He’s a terrible human being, but entertaining to watch. Goes to show that you don‘t need to like a character for them to be interesting and add drama and intrigue. Though a lot people are thinking it’s a good time to end the show now. I don’t enjoy a lot of American entertainment anymore. I mostly watch Kdramas at the moment, but the Great is one of the few American shows I still enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

News Indie publishers are on the rise

Back