The Disappearing Panda

JK shares a couple of rejection letters

Imaginary Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

J. Rook

What has happened to Panda? Who or what is Derek? Is he darkly significant?

Mei el heshla...

I have no idea how you spell that, but we say it often in my house.

See, this is one reason I love this place... “high-minded banter rubbing shoulders with low-down wit...” that’s Cafe Life for you... nowhere else like it! :)

You do not know Derek, but Derek knows you. Derek sees you. He sees your dreams. He has always seen your dreams.

Ia Derek! Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Derek R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Ok, I'm no stranger to Lovecraftian mythology, but I never heard of Derek. Who is he, Yog-Sothoth's bastard son? No, wait, that one was Wilbur :D
As it happens, the children of Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath (the black goat of the woods with a thousand young iä iä) were the twins Nug and Yeb. Nug bore Cthulhu, and Yeb the dread toad-god Tsathoggua.

Derek was probably in there somewhere.

If this is Tsathoggua-:
upload_2016-3-18_18-3-1.jpeg
-then I can tell you that the dread toad-god speaks with a monotonal Brummy accent and believes himself to be remarkably astute, cultured and sophisticated, despite all independent opinion. Because he was the CEO of a company I once worked at (for my sins).

I have spent close to 1 whole hour of my life looking at this -- thing -- and I am nowhere nearer to knowing what it is. Can we have the pandas back please?
I have executed a little link following. Derek is classified as "dark". I thought Derek was an eagle, but he is not. Under the highest magnification I can manage he looks rather like a clump of moving sea-weed. Je n'aime pas le Derek. I demand that he is revealed during the link-up tomorrow.

My children (8 and 5) both rushed over to head bang and play air-guitar when I clicked on this! Thanks!:D:)
Your kids are the most awesome thing in the history of ever, and it will totally not go to their heads if you tell them I said so.

Pandas have it hard....

See! Cheer up sad panda! It will all work out in the end!
I'm catching up — only just saw this, and it made my morning.
I will totally complement any panda I come across. But I'm not giving them pity-sex.

80% for sure about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK shares a couple of rejection letters

Imaginary Friends

Back