Fanfare! The Countdown to Launch is ON

Question: Campfire

Sir Ian McKellen to read last Wolf Brother book

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wewt! Surprising on the delivery time though. Is that normal for Booktopia? I suppose the stat days around Easter and Anzac day would probably factor into it though.
There's still a paper shortage, so they've lengthened the timelines to account for it. Hopefully. We waited 12 weeks for one pod book, but they kept us updated on the issues and even offered to refund when it got to six weeks delay [I think].

There's still a paper shortage, so they've lengthened the timelines to account for it. Hopefully. We waited 12 weeks for one pod book, but they kept us updated on the issues and even offered to refund when it got to six weeks delay [I think].

Ahh, that would make sense.

Bump—have added an online launch par-tay invite for anyone who'd like to join in next Saturday/Sunday. If anyone has any game ideas, I'm all ears. Currently, I have a book bingo idea, but I'll have to figure out how I'll make that work.

Happy Publication Day, Nikky! (it's 5.35 am your neck of the woods)

Hope it goes brilliantly for you.

Well done. Well done. Well done!!! :bottle-with-popping-cork::bottle-with-popping-cork::bottle-with-popping-cork:

D Day has arrived :) Best of luck :bottle-with-popping-cork: :clapping-hands: :four-leaf-clover: :clinking-glasses:
Thank you! A thought, should it technically be P Day?

Though I'm thinking I could go with pub day in every sense of the word :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: :clinking-beer-mugs:

Happy Publication Day, Nikky! (it's 5.35 am your neck of the woods)

Hope it goes brilliantly for you.

Well done. Well done. Well done!!! :bottle-with-popping-cork::bottle-with-popping-cork::bottle-with-popping-cork:
Thanks Jonny! So far so good, I'm just bracing myself for my instagram to go mental once it ticks over to the 19th in the US (I know my publisher has connected with quite a few bookstagrammers there).

Got mine!
Yay! Hope you enjoy :)

Happy Publication birth! :clapping-hands: :clinking-glasses: :sparkles:
After a two year labour, it's definitely time to celebrate :bottle-with-popping-cork: :clinking-glasses:

My drink of choice (with a doggo photobomb):
IMG_20220419_102827.jpeg

I had a Booktopia delivery today, and eagerly had it opened for me, but darn it, it was my daughter's order, not mine. So, I went and bought the e-book, which I'd always intended to do, anyway. Started tonight, it's gorgeous @Nmlee :)

I had a Booktopia delivery today, and eagerly had it opened for me, but darn it, it was my daughter's order, not mine.
Doh, I hate it when this happens. Several times now I've been eagerly awaiting book mail only to have the courier turn up with something banal or for Mr. S.O. The dissapointment is real!

For those who have been following my publishing journey, my debut The Rarkyn's Familiar releases on April 19 from Parliament House Press. In the lead up, I'm releasing a series of behind-the-scenes blogs, world maps, my approach to worldbuildng etc, which I thought some of you (particularly our SFF members) might enjoy :)

Cinematic trailer!

Virtual launch party invite: The Rarkyn's Familiar - Virtual Launch Pizza Party! (BYO Pizza)

Character quiz: Which rakryn are you?
A silly quiz to find out which rarkyn character most resembles you! If you're in the UK, US or Canada you can also order the sticker of your character to go with the book.

Blog: Creating the rarkyn: the story behind THE RARKYN'S FAMILIAR
A monster blog about the myths and folklore that helped me create a completely new fantasy race, the rarkyn

Blog: A crumbling empire: the story behind THE RARKYN'S FAMILIAR
A behind the scenes of the real world and texts that influenced the fantasy world of the book

World Map: Created with Inkarnate (for those who might be interested in creating their own ;))

View attachment 11384

Blog: Anxiety and magic: the story behind THE RARKYN'S FAMILIAR
This is the most personal blog I've ever written, but I think it's important that these stories are told. This is my story with anxiety and how it ultimately shaped Lyss' journey in The Rarkyn's Familiar.

Blog: Where Lyss came from: the story behind THE RARKYN'S FAMILIAR
A behind the scenes of how Lyss came to be, from what inspired her to how she evolved over countless drafts.

Sneak preview! Read chapters 1-8 here. (Note: you can navigate between the chapters using the hamburger menu in the top left corner).

Book trailer:

Blog: Designing magic: the story behind THE RARKYN'S FAMILIAR
A behind the scenes of the magic systems of The Rarkyn's Familiar and how (and why) they were created.

Blog: Inspiration sparked: the stories that inspired THE RARKYN'S FAMILIAR
These are the books, graphic novels and films that influenced me and my writing of The Rarkyn's Familiar.

The Rarkyn's Familiar Playlist! – Listen here

this is all amazing. I admit, I get really excited at fantasy maps, though and this is a really good one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question: Campfire

Sir Ian McKellen to read last Wolf Brother book

Back