Flash Club votes, please.

Semicolons in Dialogue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RK Wallis

rk.wallis@myyahoo.com
Feb 15, 2019
Australia
Apologies if I muck up any typing, I’m on my iPad in bed at an awkward angle.

After Ahmed’s recommendation on Pops ups, and after a few books not to my taste, I needed something good so I downloaded this.

When I came home from hospital 5 years ago, this mysteriously appeared with my books, but as I can’t hold a book and turn pages with one hand, I gave it to my mother in law last year. I’ve got a huge list of books I want to read, this hadn’t reached it. Until Ahmed mentioned Death as the narrator.

I just had read two pages and I had to close it because it’s so funny, I’m going to snort aloud and wake my husband.

I know I’m going to love this. Thanks Ahmed!

By coincidence, I read The Book Thief only a couple of months ago.

Yes, it's a fabulous read. The writing is superb and it's such a perfect blend of poignancy and humour.

It features on my Instagram treasuresfromtreasureland - which is a log of what I've been reading via book cover pix and a short review as the caption. Feel free to have a nosy, colony chums. :)

Yes, it's fabulous! My husband and I both read it years ago, then recently read it aloud to the kids (one of the last books we read, actually, before they decided it was time to end nightly reading aloud (at ages 15 and 17 :) )) Delightful and so well-written. And death is absolutely the best character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flash Club votes, please.

Semicolons in Dialogue?

Back