Fanfare! Superceded

Amusement Rabbit, Rabbit...

Why don't authors make more money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A meet-up's a grand idea, but I think the idea was Litfests: one per year, and maybe Scotland 2024. Some folks are making round the world trips to reach the April Litfest. Another one the same year would be a hard ask.

Could be a sub genre. Lit meet-up for gardeners for example. We could be considered to be doing recce's for the big meet up. A sort of advance invasion group. I personally would love to visit Scotland 2023. Maybe in Aug? Sept? When do the midges sleep? Emily let me know whenever you and the young wans want to visit down here in the sunny SE. Ditto Ronny, Hannah whoever is on the other side. I can provide at least mattresses on the floor of our long house in the summer. Pony rides.

Could be a sub genre. Lit meet-up for gardeners for example. We could be considered to be doing recce's for the big meet up. A sort of advance invasion group. I personally would love to visit Scotland 2023. Maybe in Aug? Sept? When do the midges sleep? Emily let me know whenever you and the young wans want to visit down here in the sunny SE. Ditto Ronny, Hannah whoever is on the other side. I can provide at least mattresses on the floor of our long house in the summer. Pony rides.
Midges sleep? Never though they do doze in icy conditions.

Pony rides! Yay!

Midges sleep? Never though they do doze in icy conditions.

Pony rides! Yay!
I have two who are allergic to midges. They live in burquas during the season. The months I get to see their faces get fewer each year. We're not far from Rosslare-but the ferry is ridiculous expensive. Come by bus though and I can pick you up. My sons used to go to London by bus. Or Dublin by ferry. We're about 2.5 hours by bus from Dublin airport. 2h from St Stephens square. We can visit Ravens Forest, and the Druids Altar on Our Ladies Island.

Just putting this here. . I once paid out about 80 sterling to a toothless pedlar from Glasgow. I couldn't really understand what he was saying and it was the only way I could get him to leave. Was the best pair of kitchen shears I've ever had. I think he stole them from an ER.

Last edited:
Just putting this here. . I once paid out about 80 sterling to a toothless pedlar from Glasgow. I couldn't really understand what he was saying and it was the only way I could get him to leave. Was the best pair of kitchen shears I've ever had. I think he stole them for an ER.

I once asked a Glaswegian postie for directions . . . BIG mistake.

Just putting this here. . I once paid out about 80 sterling to a toothless pedlar from Glasgow. I couldn't really understand what he was saying and it was the only way I could get him to leave. Was the best pair of kitchen shears I've ever had. I think he stole them from an ER.

Just watched The Control Room (takes place in Glasgow). We had to rewind at points to understand some of the dialogue. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement Rabbit, Rabbit...

Why don't authors make more money?

Back