The Literary Fiction Conundrum

Important! Next Stage - Colony Will Be Somewhat Unavailable On Tuesday

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChandlerJules

Uva uvam vivendo varia fit "Character is Destiny"
Aug 3, 2021
United States
Enjoyed Spielberg presents Taken series from first episode on through 14+ hours (tv miniseries Sy Fy channel 2002). An oldie but well worth a second look—traces three families caught up in the whole UFO speculation beginning in 1944 (not graphic). BEST experience is watching on DVD. (This is Not the Liam Neeson movie franchise.)

Great cast, beautiful song performed by Emmy Lou Harris, story picks up on many aspects of the UFO sightings over decades and immediate government disinformation. It is a story, which incorporates reported facts on abductions and sightings yet also yields a subtle but important point that our human spirit and emotions may be the ultimate traits that allow humanity to prevail in the universe. Created by Leslie Bohem, who also wrote song, Just before it gets Dark, performed by Emmy Lou Harris.

Has anyone else found something similar? @agent Pete shared info on the Warminster triangle—which is intriguing.

Last edited:
In Taken, I think the baddies are Albanian, not alien. It's a common mistake.
So i think this academic mentioned an article of mine, because it popped up in a search, but it's a comprehensive list of UFO sightings and reports running back into the 19th century. It's a lot. I mean, a lot a lot. But in small doses, kind of fun.
Edit to add: I've written several UFO pieces through the years. Not as often as bigfoot, but half a dozen, maybe?

So, to be clear, Spielberg Presents Taken, is the way to find the ten episode series (six DVD discs) on UFO's originally aired on Sy Fy channel around 2002. (I'm thinking the mega franchise of Neeson's has certainly overshadowed this title) It is not available for streaming—that I've found. Some people have panned it, thought the ending was weak.

I enjoyed the ideas about what strengths or traits we humans do have and found the storytelling quite intriguing. One aspect is the use of the artifact left at the Roswell site. The artifact beautifully illustrates our ignorance and resistance to the unknown. The series incorporates a number of reported cases and names, but it is a story.

I will check out your reference. Appreciate your thoughts as always.

Last edited:
In Taken, I think the baddies are Albanian, not alien. It's a common mistake.
So i think this academic mentioned an article of mine, because it popped up in a search, but it's a comprehensive list of UFO sightings and reports running back into the 19th century. It's a lot. I mean, a lot a lot. But in small doses, kind of fun.
Edit to add: I've written several UFO pieces through the years. Not as often as bigfoot, but half a dozen, maybe?
Cattle mutilations. Enough said.
illustration egg GIF by jocelyntsaih

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Literary Fiction Conundrum

Important! Next Stage - Colony Will Be Somewhat Unavailable On Tuesday

Back