Stuck in the past

Legal Essentials For Authors

How to be A Writer in the E-Age

Status
Not open for further replies.
You wouldn't always expect a fake nose, no-one expects a fake nose. Hmmm, maybe an idea for a novel here. Fill it in as you see fit, let's see how many different ideas we can get.

Just to be clear:
Montana, being the 4th largest state in area and the sparsest population (1 m).
Residents do not all ride horses to town. Some do ride their horse to town, mostly to visit the bar (you don't get a dui if you're riding a horse while drunk).
There are modern conveniences and the schools have more the one room.
Most people own more then one gun and will use it if you trespass, but you hardly ever hear of a gratuitous shootings or robberies (sticking up a convenience store there is like robbing the coffee shop that police frequent, not the smartest thing to do).
There are vast amounts of open sky (Big Sky Country).
Not everyone wears a cowboy hat, but a lot do (I have one, I just don't wear it).
There are a lot of Grizzly Bears and they like people...for a snack.
If you're looking for flat land in Montana, good luck! There is some, but not a lot.
"Rush hour" is defined as more than 3 vehicles in the same lane going through any town at 5:00 pm.

Just to be clear:
Montana, being the 4th largest state in area and the sparsest population (1 m).
Residents do not all ride horses to town. Some do ride their horse to town, mostly to visit the bar (you don't get a dui if you're riding a horse while drunk).
There are modern conveniences and the schools have more the one room.
Most people own more then one gun and will use it if you trespass, but you hardly ever hear of a gratuitous shootings or robberies (sticking up a convenience store there is like robbing the coffee shop that police frequent, not the smartest thing to do).
There are vast amounts of open sky (Big Sky Country).
Not everyone wears a cowboy hat, but a lot do (I have one, I just don't wear it).
There are a lot of Grizzly Bears and they like people...for a snack.
If you're looking for flat land in Montana, good luck! There is some, but not a lot.
"Rush hour" is defined as more than 3 vehicles in the same lane going through any town at 5:00 pm.

(Sounds an awful lot like the Texas stereotype lol) Are all of y'all in militias too?

(Sounds an awful lot like the Texas stereotype lol) Are all of y'all in militias too?
I don't live there anymore...been in WA for the last two years. There were a few, but they weren't obvious. Ted Kaczynski was captured not far from were I used to live, though.

Hmmm, well I guess I'm something of a Cornish Cowboy, for in my time in Atlanta I acquired a black leather cowboy hat - which I added a silver concho headband to, though it's actually a child's belt bought for 50c at a thrift store. I also have a full length black leather duster coat, black cowboy boots and a buckskin beaded and tassled jacket by swanky designer Arturo, which retailed for $2,250 new - but which I grabbed for $650 on eBay. This is by far the most expensive garment I've ever bought. None of this gear is really wearable in Cornwall, as it would make me look like a line dancer! I suppose that I could become a highwayman and flag down a passing stagecoach.

mGfECfdRHjxWipolqG-CYpw.jpg

Hmmm, well I guess I'm something of a Cornish Cowboy, for in my time in Atlanta I acquired a black leather cowboy hat - which I added a silver concho headband to, though it's actually a child's belt bought for 50c at a thrift store. I also have a full length black leather duster coat, black cowboy boots and a buckskin beaded and tassled jacket by swanky designer Arturo, which retailed for $2,250 new - but which I grabbed for $650 on eBay. This is by far the most expensive garment I've ever bought. None of this gear is really wearable in Cornwall, as it would make me look like a line dancer! I suppose that I could become a highwayman and flag down a passing stagecoach.

mGfECfdRHjxWipolqG-CYpw.jpg
Damned highwaymen and brigands...

I actually still own two typewriters. One is an actual Royal Manual which weighs about twenty pounds and sound like an "EL" crossing. The other is an Olivetti electric with changeable type font balls, like a Selectric (anybody remember those???) I'd love to part with them, but nobody on Ebay is interested, so they will continue to hold up a section of the basement junk storage. Despite this old-school hardware cred, I remain a hunt and peck typist even now! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legal Essentials For Authors

How to be A Writer in the E-Age

Back