Important! Sorry, but…

Question: A free trip to Glasgow--what should I do?

Fanfare! National Poetry Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I’m going to have to cancel the Huddle this Saturday, and I wanted to give you plenty of warning.

Huddles continued unabated (and extremely unrepentant) throughout the whole of lockdown, when they were free all all members, irrespective of paying status. However, our impending move from Baker St to wondrous Warminster, Britain's very own Roswell, has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works.

The clock is ticking now and suddenly there’s a ton yet to do. Also, the UK train strikes are crippling our plans, with no useful service to the West from tomorrow through Saturday. Bus journeys (even if you can find a ticket) are longer and a bit grim.

So please give me a day off this Saturday, but DO join me on Sunday for Pop-Ups, as usual!

Van no good. We’re having to get two lorries!

I can’t begin to tell you how weird it is to see 28 years of “stuff” being disgorged. Have no idea at all how we packed it all in here!

Good luck with the move, Pete, I wish you a smooth manoeuvre! It a beautiful part of the world you're going to. :)

(Lots of manoeuvres around there what with all the soldiers playing wargames – UFOs aplenty. As a nipper I lived for a time near one of the bases around Salisbury Plain).

Good luck with the move, Peter (and the aliens). It's been a good while in coming, hope London doesn't completely fall apart without you mate.

I’m surprised you do it every week, it’s such a huge commitment for you. Good luck with the move! Exciting stuff.
I love it. Writers are infinitely interesting people. Best people in the world to hang out with :)

Good luck with the move, Peter (and the aliens). It's been a good while in coming, hope London doesn't completely fall apart without you mate.
Just six months in Warminster, then… who knows?

Back in town about 2 – 3 days a month, for the good old-fashioned f-2-f meetings. The rest is Zoom. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question: A free trip to Glasgow--what should I do?

Fanfare! National Poetry Day

Back