Question: So, how was your 2020?

Amusement Alternative ending

Favourite reads of 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Whybrow

Jun 20, 2015
Cornwall, UK
As years go, 2020 has been memorable for all of the wrong reasons. Yet, I believe it’s still possible to make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear.

I began the year immersed in my sixth Cornish Detective novel, intending to spend half of my time writing it while devoting the remaining time to self-promotion. In March, I blundered while updating my Linux Mint operating system comprehensively destroying my WIP—which was the only document on my laptop that I hadn’t backed up! I wasted five weeks trying to recover it, as the coronavirus took hold of the world. I gradually realised that the plot of Kissing & Killing would be untenable in a pandemic, so it wasn’t crucial to get it back.

What to do instead?

As you know, I’ve become an audioslave by turning my crime series into audiobooks. Easily the most unrewarding, tedious, painstaking and frustrating task I’ve ever undertaken. Nutcase that I am, I intend to turn the first two titles of my post-American Civil War into audiobooks while completing the writing of the third, which I abandoned in March.

Lockdown didn’t affect me at all, as I was already living a reclusive life, only venturing out a couple of times a week.

2021 will be the year when I blow my own trumpet trying to get noticed as an author.

How did your year go?

What do you intend for 2021?

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement Alternative ending

Favourite reads of 2020

Back