Event SCBWI conference, Manchester

Question: Help, cos I'm rubbish at grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliG

Sep 9, 2014
SCBWI-BI, the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators-British Isles (oddly enough pronounced Scooby), is holding their annual conference in Manchester this year 4-5 November. We have a fantastic lineup of speakers and there are 1 to 1s with industry professionals available. I tend to go every year as it's such a great opportunity to mix with other writers and industry professionals. And it's fun. Bookings are open until 23 October. It would be completely brilliant to see some of you in Manchester, which is a great city.
1696862060469.png

SCBWI-BI, the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators-British Isles (oddly enough pronounced Scooby), is holding their annual conference in Manchester this year 4-5 November. We have a fantastic lineup of speakers and there are 1 to 1s with industry professionals available. I tend to go every year as it's such a great opportunity to mix with other writers and industry professionals. And it's fun. Bookings are open until 23 October. It would be completely brilliant to see some of you in Manchester, which is a great city.
View attachment 16674
I've been trying to persuade my daughter to pop along. She recently graduated in illustration and has already started writing and illustrating her own books. Even though she lives only about 3 hours away in the Lake District, the cost of getting to Manchester, accommodation while there, and the conference entry fee puts it way out of her league.

We do a student discount but it's not massive. If she really wants to come and can be ready at almost zero notice, send me her details and if we have someone who fails to attend, I might be able to re-purpose that ticket. We are talking phone call Friday for Sat am though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question: Help, cos I'm rubbish at grammar.

Back