Fanfare! New Release as Ravenna Tate!

T

Harper Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bilzabar

Nice to meet everyone.

Ambitious hope-to-be author looking to take the book world by storm. I have big dreams, admittedly, hoping that my very first book will spawn it all: several successful sequels, a TV series, several movies, you name it. I don't want to toot my own horn (okay, I really do), but I think I have something excellent to give to the book world. It's just trying to get through the first few hoops that will make all this possible.

In all honesty I'm as humble as a guy can get (most of the time) but I gladly take pride in my work enough that I hope it will evolve into a career choice that will change my life. I would love to go full time and abandon what I currently do to share this passion of mine.

I'm not sure what I'll find on this site but I'll be around. Thanks for reading.

Ah, echoes of my own (and everyone's?) dream! Welcome. It's a long road, but then that's where all the best stories come from. Even Stephen King had 25 rejections and threw his novel out! Luckily his wife saved it, and the rest is history as they say ;)

It's great to see so many new faces recently, a big friendly hello. The trumpets will not toot themselves :p

Welcome! :D I don't think you're alone in the dream big club. We should have a thread discussing which award winning actors we think would play the leading role in our book to film adaptations! I've got my eye on you, Gary Oldman!

Oh already decided Eve Myles should play Ceridwen out of my novels lol ;)

@Alistair Roberts Haha! It's so easy to do when you're watching a film or TV. You become a casting director in your mind, umming over actors and actresses and whether or not they'd fit the role. My main characters are in their early teens and so if I see young actors and decide that they are exactly what I want I need to hold myself back from writing to agents and saying "Look, you need to publish this and get a film deal as quickly as possible. This is not a joke, it's a matter of children being unreasonable and growing up when I need them to remain the age of the characters in my books!" :eek::confused::p

Welcome fellow newbie!

I joined yesterday and this place is indeed a writer's utopia with so many friendly, like-minded, souls.

When I imagine characters, I sometimes choose actors from another time. So I might be like: yes, this is so Anna-Sophia Robb but five years ago.

Last edited:
Welcome! :D I don't think you're alone in the dream big club. We should have a thread discussing which award winning actors we think would play the leading role in our book to film adaptations! I've got my eye on you, Gary Oldman!
ooh that's tough! I guess my leading lady would be played by Helena Bonham-Carter if she was ten years younger, her love interest would be Tom Welling (Smallville T.V series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! New Release as Ravenna Tate!

T

Harper Lee

Back