Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
Very saddened by the news. Clearly, he lived with bipolar disorder for many years. Entertainers, particularly, comedians, are notorious for having their dark sides... but there was a touch of humanity / soul about Williams that makes suicide - if that is indeed what it was – particularly shocking.

It seems to me that what the world mostly wanted was Robin Williams’ extreme manic phase. The impossibly fast wit, the scarily perfect impressions.

This was all the product of an extreme (and destructive) aspect of his personality. The other phase wasn’t nearly as commercial.

We’ll never know if this was a contributing factor to his suicide. But it’s made me think...

I think there is always a struggle to replace the buzz of performing, especially when not in the limelight so much and also battling the black dog of depression. He was a serious actor, though. Brilliant in Insomnia, Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society etc. I think, reading some of the anecdotes about him, that he was a really kind, generous guy who'll be really sadly missed.

I agree with Pete-- his manic/destructive side is what the world demanded of him and that can be a destructive place--they only love me when I'm bleeding. My heart goes out to his family and those close to him... as for everyone who wonders "how could he/he had it all" his death reminds me that if you're not happy inside yourself no success is true. Depression is no joke. He will be missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Fanfare! Pinhead Duffy is 10!

Hello

Back