Returned from China to Wreak Havoc

Gallantry

Poets! Readers of Dylan Thomas. Film Buffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nǐ hǎo and welcome to the colony @Mark Odell :) My fascination is more attached to Japan than China but they are both shiny pebbles in the same puddle now aren't they. I actually love seeing the difference in the closely linked countries :) I tried to learn Japanese a while ago but sadly fell out of touch with my ative speaking buddies :/ So all I learned to say was 'Watashi wa Nihongo wo benkyo shite imashita' - I'm learning to speak Japanese... (in Japanese) WEell that and several profanities I have learned from anime that is :p

Welcome again x

Nǐ hǎo and welcome to the colony @Mark Odell :) My fascination is more attached to Japan than China but they are both shiny pebbles in the same puddle now aren't they. I actually love seeing the difference in the closely linked countries :) I tried to learn Japanese a while ago but sadly fell out of touch with my ative speaking buddies :/ So all I learned to say was 'Watashi wa Nihongo wo benkyo shite imashita' - I'm learning to speak Japanese... (in Japanese) WEell that and several profanities I have learned from anime that is :p

Welcome again x
Just don't tell them that. Didn't go over well with the exchange student in the Animation program, when I was in college.

"Man. Chinese, they can make anything. But it all crap."
"Ching, aren't you Chinese?"
"What the **** wrong with you? I'm Taiwanese!"

Welcome again x

Thank you for the greeting! :)

You're correct that the two cultures are very similar - although the Chinese would never admit it. I'm not sure I've encountered the level of hatred some Chinese have for the Japanese before. All tied up in a history I suspect the Japanese would rather forget and a number of Chinese will never forget.

Welcome again x

Anime is awesome, but it depends which one you watch. My first was Pokemon at age twelve, next I was twenty and my man put Urotsukidoji in the dvd player, Oh my sweet innocent mind! I still love anime but it somehow seems so timid. :)

Anime is awesome, but it depends which one you watch. My first was Pokemon at age twelve, next I was twenty and my man put Urotsukidoji in the dvd player, Oh my sweet innocent mind! I still love anime but it somehow seems so timid. :)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! OMG I rented that one from blockbuster when I was 16 thinking it would be like Akira!!!
Didn't know you were into hentai Jen :p Duly noted pmsl!!!!
For me it's Naruto, Akira, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Inuyasha, Ruroni Kenshin, Bleach, Chobits... gosh there are LOADS I watch/have watched

Thank you for the greeting! :)

You're correct that the two cultures are very similar - although the Chinese would never admit it. I'm not sure I've encountered the level of hatred some Chinese have for the Japanese before. All tied up in a history I suspect the Japanese would rather forget and a number of Chinese will never forget.
I could say something... but I won't. Soar Alba gu brath and all that :p

Yeah but there ain't 1.54 billion Welshmen :p :)

On the other hand, when you're in a school where the children scored and scratched deep gashes across Japan on a world map, you feel like you've entered a whole new world of anger.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!! OMG I rented that one from blockbuster when I was 16 thinking it would be like Akira!!!
For me it's Naruto, Akira, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Inuyasha, Ruroni Kenshin, Bleach, Chobits... gosh there are LOADS I watch/have watched

I'm not 'into' hentai, not like that :oops: I find it graphic and violent, like watching a teen slasher film, yet vaguely comical. Weirdest one I've watched is called 'Puny Puny Poemi' it's kind of a mickey take of all female based anime, it's random as...

Yeah but there ain't 1.54 billion Welshmen :p :)

On the other hand, when you're in a school where the children scored and scratched deep gashes across Japan on a world map, you feel like you've entered a whole new world of anger.
Aye, that's pretty dire isn't it.

I'm not 'into' hentai, not like that :oops: I find it graphic and violent, like watching a teen slasher film, yet vaguely comical. Weirdest one I've watched is called 'Puny Puny Poemi' it's kind of a mickey take of all female based anime, it's random as...

I was about to say that any husband who sits his wife down and says 'darling, there is a movie we must watch together and only then will we know if we are truly meant for each other, it is called Legend of the Overfiend' possibly needs to rethink his moves.

Oh! You should watch some of the Hayao Miyazaki Stuff... Bloody good. And if you aren't into watching it all authentic like, their dubs are pretty damn grand.

Urotsukidoji is not Akira. At all. Food for thought — neither is Bible Black.
My start was Pokémon too, Jenn, round-about age twelve.
Way to go, Karen! Only, I kind of gave up on Bleach. InuYasha too, come to think of it. They were great, but round about episode 90-100 and still nothing's changed...

No, what you want is:
Full Metal Panic!, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Eureka 7, Blood +, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Please Teacher!, Witch Hunter Robin, and Chobits.

But you haven't lived until you have watched Full Metal Alchemist.

I was about to say that any husband who sits his wife down and says 'darling, there is a movie we must watch together and only then will we know if we are truly meant for each other, it is called Legend of the Overfiend' possibly needs to rethink his moves.

It must have worked, I married him. This was when we first started dating though. We are just as weird as each other to be honest.

My start was Pokémon too, Jenn, round about age twelve.
Way to go, Karen! Only, I kind of gave up on Bleach. InuYasha too, come to think of it. They were great, but round about episode 90-100 and still nothing's changed...

No, what you want is:
Full Metal Panic!, Death Note, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, Eureka 7, Blood +, Ghost in the Shell, Princess Mononoke, Please Teacher!, Witch Hunter Robin, and Chobits.
Yup watched all of them. I'm a proper closet Japan freak mate... you will start to see that from book 3 onward haha

My start was Pokémon too, Jenn, round-about age twelve.

No, what you want is:

I like Full Metal Alchemist, Death Note (live action and anime), The Cat Returns, Laputa and Howl's Moving Castle. I do love Studio Ghibli.

What was it like seeing all those terracotta warriors up close @Mark Odell ? Bet that was a special moment

It is something I have rarely experienced before and will rarely do so again. You spend the first few minutes just gawping at them. There are thousands of them and they still haven't found all of them yet. Every single one is different, and they're all so dignified. It is astounding.

It is something I have rarely experienced before and will rarely do so again. You spend the first few minutes just gawping at them. There are thousands of them and they still haven't found all of them yet. Every single one is different, and they're all so dignified. It is astounding.
That's something I'd love to see. Proper historical artifacts and ruins are my bread and butter so they are. Love all that stuff. Are you sad to have left?

That's something I'd love to see. Proper historical artifacts and ruins are my bread and butter so they are. Love all that stuff. Are you sad to have left?

Yes and no :) I had a great time and saw amazing things, but there are a lot of daily frustrations and sad realities that make living there long term a bit of an impossibility for me. That said, leaving the history behind was sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gallantry

Poets! Readers of Dylan Thomas. Film Buffs

Back