Research-Eggers/Skaarsgard in the Northman

Sir Ian McKellen to read last Wolf Brother book

Question: Beat sheets for trilogies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamela Jo

Oct 26, 2021
Wexford, Ireland
I thought the English dialogue could have been better. It is supposed to be "Hamlet." The translations from the nordic texts into English very poetic. Then clunky dialogue... Still fascinating to see the detail in the research that resulted in the screenplay. Alexander Skarsgård & 'The Northman' Director Break Down Amleth's Return as a Viking. The one thing I would disagree with is the rewriting history thing. True shield maidens were not a thing, contrary to the TV series-but I recently listened to 3 Scandinavian women archaeologists talk about horse graves. Originally if it had a horse it was assumed to be male skeleton. Turns out again-not necessarily so. There are MANY women buried with horses-one very interesting sitting woman, very witchy. Women archaeologists are rewriting history again. I'm still trying to coordinate DNA from horse burials to document how and where horses came into various cultures. See The Horse, the Wheel, and Language - Wikipedia

Really interesting. And The Horse etc....the violent overrunning of central and then western Europe by Pontic steppe riders as evidenced by male DNA ....strangely topical. In another variant on the same, Amleth/Hamlet is the main character in a powerful- and horrific historical novel by Henry Treece; The Green Man.

1650719713609.png

Really interesting. And The Horse etc....the violent overrunning of central and then western Europe by Pontic steppe riders as evidenced by male DNA ....strangely topical. In another variant on the same, Amleth/Hamlet is the main character in a powerful- and horrific historical novel by Henry Treece; The Green Man.

View attachment 11694
Thank you. Even looks like Skaarsgard. Can't beat those old covers.... Did you ever see the BBC production of The Green Man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Ian McKellen to read last Wolf Brother book

Question: Beat sheets for trilogies

Back