Quora

Help! Advice needed, please.

Help! Writing non fiction, do you name the names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2017
Lodeve, France
I have just received this via email
Rachel, you've been invited to earn money in the Quora Partner Program.

As a partner you can earn money by asking questions that many people want answers to and by requesting qualified writers to answer questions. The more useful questions that get asked on Quora, the more high quality answers that get written, and the more helpful Quora becomes to people. With the Partner Program we compensate users who make Quora better, and we're excited to invite you to join.

Is this legit? Is it worth it? Has anyone else done it. I've heard other writers recommending writing for Quora, but is this a way to start? Views please :confused:

@Rachel Caldecott-Thornton . Do you have to pay to join their Partner Programme?

I'm assuming the idea is for you to make a pound or two?

No idea what exactly Quora is (I'm a dino) but methinks if joining the programme is worth one's while financially, one would hear of people giving up their day jobs to become Quora-ists. But like I said, I have no clue.

You don't have to pay. Medium.com also has a way to pay authors for content, but you have to produce a high volume to make it worth your while. Their algorithms tend to send you more viewers if you produce frequently, but even then. Taking part in the platform is sort of a bet on a future in which they have a lot of traffic and they send viewers to your old content.
I clearly have been living underground for the last 10 years.

How does Quora work with marketing your book though?

A job for the weekend: get my head out of the mud and familiarise myself with Quora.

One is in-boxed every day with questions that have been asked and answered on Quora a gazillion times before. And that you could Google faster. But there is also a lot of interesting reading on there. I got that same email though and....no.

Took a look around on Quora a while ago and it didn't seem useful so I never went back. Like someone said, nothing I couldn't find myself on Google or with a bit of digging around elsewhere. I don't see it as a way to market a book at all. And the people here who have tried to use it that way haven't reported much success with it. As for using it as a way to make money, doesn't seem like it would earn you much. You'd need to decide how much effort you want to put into it for such a small/unguaranteed return on your time investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Advice needed, please.

Help! Writing non fiction, do you name the names?

Back