Professional Illustrators for Front Cover

Do-It-Yourself Cover Graphics Primer

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tim Bennett

Can anyone recommend a good illustrator. I need to start on the design of my first cover.

I think Ms Karen Grey could be helpful, if she's not too busy atm.

I can certainly work with you if you like. I'm not qualified... yet, but I'm offering free art in order to build my portfolio. I just want my name attatched and to have free use to present it in a portfolio, whether physical or online. :)

Karen is probably your best first choice. Really depends what you want. My daughter is an artist, MA and a BA in Arts, but she would probably charge a fee ;)

I can certainly work with you if you like. I'm not qualified... yet, but I'm offering free art in order to build my portfolio. I just want my name attatched and to have free use to present it in a portfolio, whether physical or online. :)
Really?! I already know what I'd like for a cover, but the person I had originally intended failed to deliver...

Let me know what your looking for and I'll put something together. If you like it we go from there :)

Let me know what your looking for and I'll put something together. If you like it we go from there :)
What kind of drawing can you do? I can send you the last page of my book that gives a pretty good description of what I'm looking for.

I am working on some things for @Jennifer Stone and @James Marinero at present and I did a web banner for @Tara Rose 's website. But I will show you some of the things I have done just for me, messing around in photoshop. Bear in mind, I am learning, and intend on taking this to a professional level. Hence why all start up work is free. At the end of the day it helps me build a portfolio and improve through doing and active client feedback.

Anyway here's 3 examples - all works in progress - of my photoshop drawing. For me it's all about getting the shapes and composition right, then improving on it as I go.

The images below are inspired by my own writing, I may develop Rannoch's bluebell wood more and create the cover for For King and Country from this image as it is from scenes in the book.

Rannoch's Bluebell Wood (For King and Country - BOOK 1 of the series) - Character mock up - work in progress (the photograph is of a bluebell wood my Clydesdale used to graze in, so it's actually Charlie Brown's bluebell wood... I just borrowed it ;)
11212748_375687979282177_4871780460414191464_n.jpg

Chains of Blood and Steel (book 2 in the series) cover art mock up in early stages - work in progress
11201888_375687975948844_8685090041770604305_n.jpg

The Rayven's Protector falls - From Battle of the Bannockburn (Book 3 in the series) - character mock up with suggested background until I do a photoshoot at Bannockburn and decide exactly where he falls... then I'll do the actual background - work in progress (Brother of the male character above)
10388189_375687999282175_5693650007490194208_n.jpg

This is what I do when I'm just messing. When I am working to a brief I am more focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do-It-Yourself Cover Graphics Primer

Back