Help Please! Printer recommendation

Sedayne

Does anyone have any recommendations for a printer?

My old Canon MG5350 served me well for >10 years, churning out multiple drafts and my final dissertation for my MSc back when it was new, but it's been limping on for months and has now finally given up on me.
I do all my writing and most of my editing on-screen these days, but still like to print a chapter or so to get a different view - so this is all I need it for.
I want something decent, but don't want to spend a fortune. Something I can easily order in the UK.
I use an Acer laptop running Windows 11.

Do you like your printer, and would you recommend it?

Thanks

I have a HP DeskJet 2700 series from Curries, and perfectly happy with it, although ink isn't cheap, but I'm guessing that's the same with all printers. It doesn't like nonHP/compatible ink. There's a subscription / automatic buy more ink option, I don't use. It also functions as a scanner and photocopier. I like the WFI thingybobs cos lazy arse me doesn't have to go upstairs to print. It's perfectly good for what I need, and I would like it even more if it made me dinner.

I have a HP DeskJet 2700 series from Curries, and perfectly happy with it, although ink isn't cheap, but I'm guessing that's the same with all printers. It doesn't like nonHP/compatible ink. There's a subscription / automatic buy more ink option, I don't use. It also functions as a scanner and photocopier. I like the WFI thingybobs cos lazy arse me doesn't have to go upstairs to print. It's perfectly good for what I need, and I would like it even more if it made me dinner.
Thanks @Barbara Sounds like a contender.
Alas the ones that make dinner are well beyond my price range.

Just saying...
I found the wifi element of my newish printer/scanner, Canon TS6300 series, clashed (do not ask me how) with my email (via Safari) and I had to resort to the good old cable business.

It also struggles to cope with a document of 200+ pages, and throws a hissy fit when filled up fully with paper, as for the above document. Looks quite sleek and black but is in fact on the flimsy side.

The alternatives when I bought it seemed to be much bigger and heavier, as for a proper professional office (more than one person), with stuff I'd never use, like fax, counting number of copies printed, etc. Also a touch dearer, though not that much. Probably a better bet if you have the space.

Just saying...
I found the wifi element of my newish printer/scanner, Canon TS6300 series, clashed (do not ask me how) with my email (via Safari) and I had to resort to the good old cable business.

It also struggles to cope with a document of 200+ pages, and throws a hissy fit when filled up fully with paper, as for the above document. Looks quite sleek and black but is in fact on the flimsy side.

The alternatives when I bought it seemed to be much bigger and heavier, as for a proper professional office (more than one person), with stuff I'd never use, like fax, counting number of copies printed, etc. Also a touch dearer, though not that much. Probably a better bet if you have the space.
Thanks @E G Logan Good to know the pitfalls too.

Back