Pop-Up Submission this Sunday

Make 'em Cry!

Fanfare! Shortlisted For PR Week’s 2017 Awards: The THIN AIR video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is today now full, Pete? I assume so. Will hold out for next weekend if that is the case.

Last edited:
Hi Pete. I think the 15-second delay on FB meant you didn't see my final comment – thank you very much for your comments on my submission – really insightful, informative and most of all helpful! I'll get to work on it. Thanks! Will tune in next week too.

Thank you, everyone who sent in a submission this week. I enjoyed all of them, and I think we have some really outstanding writers developing here.

Same time again next week, very happy to take submissions from the same folk... and of course, from newcomers too!

I was trying to stream in very high-def today. Facebook obviously didn't like it, so I had to kill the first stream, and start a second, lower-defintion. If this ever happens again, simply stick around on the main Litopia Facebook page (maybe refresh it after a minute or two) and you'll see the new post appear, which you can join.

Enjoyed those pieces of writing, and useful listening, thank you. Great coming of age story material there, I thought, Geoff :) A teen confronted with a deeply unwelcome upheaval, thanks to parents who surely are way beyond all 'that' stuff by now. When everyone is else is keeping schtum about the new arrival or going goo goo gaa gaa.

Last edited:
Thanks Katie-Ellen. Coming of Age would actually be the ideal genre. It started life as more of a tragedy, but began to slowly change when I started rewriting. I thought the other submissions yesterday were a of high quality.

Hi, David Parkin here. I've just had my children's book 'The Nose That Nobody Picked' very positively looked at by Peter Cox. He mentioned approaching 5 publishers that would be ideal for the book. I wonder if anyone knows who they might be?

@AgentPete : Damned sterling work, tonight, sir. I missed a fair portion thanks to my ISP deciding that now was a great time for line repairs, but you a real trooper. That was a lot of talking and reasoning, all done on the fly and all in public view. Excellent stuff.
I just hope you went and drank something soothing, as your voice is probably shot now!:)

Look forward to next week!

I've submitted for this evening's pop-up and hoping I'm going to be able to pick it up, but tried to listen to the end of last week's broadcast on my iPad and couldn't. Any tips? I also have a pc.

Ah hell, forgot about this. Will still be there and hopefully my ISP will be functional this weekend.
@AgentPete could you possibly confirm whose work you are reviewing this week? I submitted last week but you were already overfull, so I am hoping I was pushed to this week.

@Lex Black
Yes, it is exactly as it sounds. You submit the first 20 pages of your work through the portal on this site and then Pete reviews it as though it is a genuine submission to him so we can see the thought process.

EDIT: The link Pop-Up Submissions Are Open!

Last edited:
On a break in deepest Malta, where my hotel broadband seems to have a mind of its own. So unlikely to join in this afternoon's submissions. Play nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Make 'em Cry!

Fanfare! Shortlisted For PR Week’s 2017 Awards: The THIN AIR video

Back