Permission to Wallow One of the most beautiful rejections letters ever...

Amusement Went to The Virtual Bar

Book Pricing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eva Ulian

Nov 16, 2018
Venice - Italy
After six months, just received this rejection letter from a well known literary agency in California... it was so so so nice, I thought I'd share it with you:

date:Feb 16, 2021, 1:35 AMsubject:Re: QUERY: THE LITANY OF MALEDICTION, Eva Ulianmailed-by literaryagency.comsigned-by: literaryagency.onmicrosoft.comsecurity: Standard encryption (TLS) Learn more
cleardot.gif
:Important mainly because it was sent directly to you.

Hello Eva,

Thank you so much for thinking of me and telling me about THE LITANY OF MALEDICTION. The premise is interesting and I appreciate you sharing it with me. I also really liked the title.

I'm so sorry to say, but I am going to pass on this project. It's not a reflection of you, this simply isn't a good fit for my list at this time. But I did spend some good time on your website today learning more about you and I'm so impressed with your talents. You're quite the painter and creator--which tells me you have a bright future ahead of you in publishing.

You and your novel deserve a champion who loves it as fiercely as you do and I know you will find one. The publishing industry is very subjective, so what may not work for me could be just what another agent is looking for. Keep honing your skills, learning about the industry, and always embrace a growth mindset, which it seems like you are already doing.

Thank you for considering me for your manuscript. I wish you great success with your writing career.
Best, J...

Of course, I had to reply to the agent concerned and said I wouldn't forget her!

If anyone else has a rejection letter to share, I'd love to see it and give ourselves permission to wallow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amusement Went to The Virtual Bar

Book Pricing

Back