• Café Life is the Colony's main hangout, watering hole and meeting point.

This is a place where you'll meet and make writing friends, and indulge in stratospherically-elevated wit or barometrically low humour.

Some Colonists pop in religiously every day before or after work. Others we see here less regularly, but all are equally welcome. Two important grounds rules…

• Don't give offence
    • Don't take offence

We now allow political discussion, but strongly suggest it takes place in the Steam Room, which is a private sub-forum within Café Life. It’s only accessible to Full Members.

You can dismiss this notice by clicking the "x" box

Review Netflix Decameron

Books, Movies or anything else

Pamela Jo

Blogger
Ok it really feels like this is Hollywood 2020, but my husband and I really enjoyed this. The costumes are so Coachella. Far closer to the original than any of the pretentious Italian directors of the 60's and 70's.

I'm impressed at how quickly and easily the story is built. And this is with more characters than you'd find in an English village murder mystery.

Ok it really feels like this is Hollywood 2020, but my husband and I really enjoyed this. The costumes are so Coachella. Far closer to the original than any of the pretentious Italian directors of the 60's and 70's.

I'm impressed at how quickly and easily the story is built. And this is with more characters than you'd find in an English village murder mystery.
Wow. We're going to watch this next week, but the funny thing is (ha ha??) is that one of my characters in my Salvatore book is reading Decameron when another character asks, "What're you reading?... :D

I'll check it out. Love a good mystery. Have you seen Bodkin?
I did watch Bodkin. Did yu like it? It went full Irish breakfast - extra blood sausage. I wasn't sure it would really click with the international audience.

Sorry I confused you about Decameron. It's not really a mystery as such. More a satire/comedy about rich people and their servants holed up at a wealthy estate to escape the Black Plague.

I just meant the cast of character is as large as in Agatha Christie's books. There is a central character -sort of. But multiple POV which is interesting to me how they manage to hook on the story so quickly.

Last edited:
I loved Bodkin, just finished it. Real great show and it came highly recommended from another Aussie :) And I've also finished Decameron. That's like Monty Python meets Black Adder!

Chris and I just finished watching it. Great fun.

I also watched it. The amount of death mixed with humour made me have a bundle of contradicting powerful emotions. I appreciate the way they mixed brutal lifestyles with satire.

Back