Fanfare! Update On My Crazy Writing Life

What’s Happening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

booknut77

Basic
Sep 22, 2014
Wyoming
Hi, I never seem to have much time to hang out here anymore but I thought I'd give you a little update on where things are with me and my writing.
My book The Gift of Lies came out in February. My publisher went out of business at the end of May. Boom, so much for my career as a traditionally published author. They were very nice about giving me the rights along with the cover and interior files however so I still have my book, just forced to self publish it.
It took me a while to get over mourning, but now I'm ready to press forward and see how I do in this new phase of things.
This is an invitation to join my celebration. Come on over to my open house and enter to win a $25.00 amazon gift card and other fun things. Eat some virtual food and lets party all month.
Thanks for being there for me through the good times and the tough times.
Norma
http://normasnovels.blogspot.com/2015/07/publishing-independence-day-virtual.html

Well that's a bummer, but still you can offer it to other publishers as having previously been published which is a huge bonus. Admittedly you may have to try for some time to find the right one. Also, I'm guessing you didn't have an agent first? There are several agents who don't touch unsolicited work but do handle previously publisher Authors, so I'd say you have more chances than most of us. Hopefully you got a few spare copies as well? Meanwhile, the next novel is waiting for you to write it. ;)

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, through no fault of your own. It's a harsh thing to have happen, and it could happen to any of us. Best of luck with finding another publisher or self publishing. Let us know how you get on.

I guess my post is more negative than I intended. I meant to portray that I'm over the bad time and moving on with a positive attitude. In other words its party time.
Come on over and win some prizes!
Haven't had too many entries yet so the odds may be forever in your favor. They are not all limited to the US either.
http://normasnovels.blogspot.com/2015/07/publishing-independence-day-virtual.html
4th%2Bof%2BJuly.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanfare! Update On My Crazy Writing Life

What’s Happening...

Back