K

grammar

Fanfare! Science for Life published

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie-Ellen

Sep 25, 2014
UK
It's ancient history now ... 1998! but it's called Tales of Our Times, by Thatcher, Whyte & Hazeldine.

That Hazeldine was me *cough* And I did the illustrations.

Zilch marketing and sales though I never lost so much as one penny; there's a sad story behind it.

But what fun, I've set up me very own little on-line bookshop on Amazon today. HesperusBooks. Might look around for other books to sell.

Link and reviews HERE

I treasure a letter from the late, great Doris Lessing. An agent told me he could do nowt with short stories; though he tried, and didn't succeed, in placing another short story with a TV company in the market for short dramas. It was exciting for a while, though :)

Last edited:
How kind, though it's not new, Marc, this is partly me putting my shoulder to the marketing wheel, while searching for an agent for the novel. They need to see you're up for this stuff, and we can tweet out from here, P has provided a button bottom of the page, left corner .

Last edited:
I didn't realize you illustrated as well! I hope it sells well. :)

148472_1616309018257_4460147_n.jpg

Yes, I draw and paint, but it's secondary. The odd commission now and then, and line drawings for the book. This is a watercolour and collage called 'The Apotheosis of Saint Fox'. See the halo, because butter wouldn't melt in his mouth....

It WAS, Steven McC ...she had been sent a review copy by the publisher (and this was an indie project. ) A great lady.

Kind thing to say, very, but I'm not proud. More hopeful than anxious is all. Marginally. I always quail at showing any work at all, but there's always going to be someone doing it better as well as worse, and it's a case of, just show the damn work, or else shut up, shut it in a drawer and forget about it, which I did with this picture, for years.

Last edited:
I love foxes, and that's a very beautiful painting. You should definitely share more when you feel comfortable enough to. :)

Sorry it's so large, shared URL by loading it on to Photobucket. Don't know yet how to shrink stuff there. That's a teeny cat, chasing the mouse. A micro kitty.

Last edited:
Thank you all, so much. It began as a project to amuse a very ill friend after her son got a detention at school and had to write a story as punishment (!) Yes, a punishment.
That's why the cauldron on the cover, looking closely, says Lindsay's Pot. She was our friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

grammar

Fanfare! Science for Life published

Back