An Invitation to Appear on Pop-Up Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

AgentPete

Capo Famiglia
Guardian
May 19, 2014
London UK
I’ve rationalized our membership structure for the new year. The most immediate change you’ll notice is simply terminology - “Patrons” now become “Full Members”, which more accurately reflects the benefits they receive.

However, Basic level members have not been neglected. Many of the features of Basic membership have been improved – for example, the Conversations (messaging) system is identical to Full Members now, the Writing Groups are entirely accessible and usable, and so on. I’m well aware that many aspiring writers are not well-off, and Litopia should be usable even for members who can’t afford to support us.

Nevertheless, Litopia itself needs financial support – otherwise we’ll disappear. For those members who can afford $99.99 a year (there’s a monthly option too) we have some extra benefits!

First is full access to the Back Room, which is the Colony's private area for members to discuss matters they would not necessarily want the outside world to see. Not indexed by Google and not viewable by non-members. Basic members can see this area but cannot read posts, or post themselves. I use it myself, because when all is said and done, publishing is still a business in which discretion is useful. Writers need a space where they can speak freely about sensitive matters, and that’s exactly what the Back Room is. Also, Full members have the ability to delete their own posts or indeed to delete entire threads, which gives them complete control over anything discussed in the Back Room.

Full Members also benefit from priority access to our live events, featuring of course our monthly Writers’ Huddle. We’re actually running two Huddles in January, and members seem to find them useful and helpful (I also enjoy them!). As the year progresses, Full Members will continue to have priority access to these and even more events.

Litopia is unique. For less than two dollars a week, you can be an essential part of the most vibrant writers community on the net. Nowhere else offers so much for such a modest subscription – I hope you’ll continue to support us this year as we face the future with optimism and passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Writing Religion

An Invitation to Appear on Pop-Up Submissions

Back